Brownells shipping.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I've ordered a lot through the years from Brownells. I want to first say that I really like their company. They have always treated me right. Ive taken classes that their staff has taught and even liked those.
But their new shipping, UPS Mail Innovations, dont use it. Horribly slow. Its one form of UPS that goes to USPS then delivered. Which Ive used UPS sureship or whatever it is and it worked fine. I ordered some stuff on 3-21 and picked the cheapest shipping which was UPS Mail Innovations 4-7 days. Its always here way faster than that even though I always pick the cheapest because Im poor. It went all over the place and handed over to USPS in OKC. Then to Ardmore post office. Then to my local post office. When I got the original tracking number it said to be delivered on 3-29. Then when they USPS got it the delivery date was to be 4-1. I got it today.
As a comparison, I ordered from Midway on 3-27, which was a hazmat order that had to be ground shipped only. I ordered in the afternoon hours of 3-27. It was here on 3-29. Midway is always 2 days to my house.
Now you know.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
MidwayUSA is using UPS Mail Innovations too. Took 8 days to get my last delivery which just arrived yesterday. I think they make it inefficient on purpose. When I get the time I'm shooting an email to them to voice my displeasure. :pissed:

ETA: Midway has always been 2 days to my house too if shipped UPS.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All you have to do is open your wallet a little wider and you'll get your stuff quicker. Same thing happened to Amazon deliveries after they started the Prime program. Stuff would be here nearly next day if they had it in Lenexa before Prime and now it takes a week to get it if you aren't a Prime member.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Never have USPS touch your mail. It will arrive quicker and in better condition.

You guys are harsh :). I'd take my mail box down if I were you. It went to hell when I left. :). Priority Mail is still one of the quickest ways to get it but UPS is the best these days. Amazon Prime with USPS Sunday delivery if you live in town is not too shabby either. My regular letter carrier is the union steward or in other words, the laziest one in the building. Look at when they hand it over to USPS. This rate is the cheapest offered and they are in no hurry to get it home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vooduchikn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have you ordered from Optics Planet lately? I had a package that went from Dallas, to OKC, then to Illinois and then to Arkansas and then back to OKC and then out to me where I live. Not sure of the logistical efficiency of that! It was also 4 days later than advertised.

Defcon Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I order handguns from my main warehouse they go two day air freight. Same order can have ten items that go ground freight also. The tracking numbers show the guns flying all over the country and the ground coming straight up the highway to me. Both will arrive the next day ground or air seems a waste to have to fly the handguns to take the same delivery time

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I order from Midway a lot but only every couple of months from Brownells. I havent had anything that was UPS Innovations from Midway yet. But you can bet I wont pick that option if there ever is one.

Latest posts

Top Bottom