Building a deck.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How far is the span between the posts ? Trying to figure in my head how to go about building the beam for the roof to sit on at the posts . The rest is easy peasy. You going to carry the shingles out over the roof or something else?
Vaulted.. or enclosed ceiling?
16 deep 18 wide...middle posts on the 16ft run.
Metal roof on house....same on deck.
Open ceiling with a couple of fans.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Little more decking...
20240717_160820.jpg

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got the braces between the joists finished. Set the last post and wrapped it in trex. Don't think there will be any work done on it tomorrow. I have to go to my heart surgeon and get my latest stress test results. Thanks for following along and as always comments are welcome....which ever way they fall.
20240718_152456.jpg
20240718_153856.jpg

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Looked shorter than that , LOL. It will be pretty easy to throw a roof on that , the biggest issue is getting the beam height set right. You plan on using 2x8 for the beams and ridge and 2x6 for rafters? Are you going to trim it out to match the house? I guess I should just ask what all you plan to do LOL.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looked shorter than that , LOL. It will be pretty easy to throw a roof on that , the biggest issue is getting the beam height set right. You plan on using 2x8 for the beams and ridge and 2x6 for rafters? Are you going to trim it out to match the house? I guess I should just ask what all you plan to do LOL.
Brother....I'm just winging it but that is the plan for the roof but like you said I've got to get the beam height dead on. I'm in the country so matching trim I can take or leave.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Brother....I'm just winging it but that is the plan for the roof but like you said I've got to get the beam height dead on. I'm in the country so matching trim I can take or leave.
I hear you. If you need help give me a shout, back before I started baby sitting contractors for a living this is what I made a living at...

Latest posts

Top Bottom