Camping out in the passing lane!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pretty funny stuff. As for the rock/dirt haulers, it don't matter if they have a sign that says they are not responsible, they are. Just don't cause a wreck trying to get up alongside to ID them.
I watch a lot of this unfold from my semi and it's always fun to watch. Any rants about semi drivers and our bad behavior?

Ya, I love the signs on them that say stay back 12 football fields or something like that...

Semi drivers are usually very good drivers. The only complaint I have is whenever one pulls out to pass another one and due to hills or whatever, they end up either not being able to complete the pass or taking forever to do it due to the grade changes. But that's just part of the deal... nothing I get all tied up over. There are usually MANY more idiot car drivers choking up traffic than semis.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
LOL add to those who drive and cannot read or comprehend the meaning of the word YIELD, , or those who tailgate, then pass you, only to slam on the brakes and make a left hand turn in front of you, really? WTF is up with that.....
As well as those who speed up, tailgate, then pass you only to slow down to a crawl everywhere you cant pass them, then speed up to light speed when you can pass.

Or that one driver who decides all of a sudden to drive half the shoulder for a 1/4 mile, for no reason other than to try to throw up road debries, had one of those assholes yesterday, really guy, 4 cars behind you, there was no reason for that crap.

Ya the worlds full of assholes.

I could go on, but hey to hell with them..

jbarnett

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was driving east on I-40 a few weeks ago and look up and see a vehicle coming up behind me.
I start to move over and see the front license plate says MOVE.
I kinda chuckle to myself and get out of the way.
When he passes by his rear tag said THANKU.

Harley1953

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Let me just stop you right there.
People and cars do not come from "out of nowhere".

JP,

I won't get into an argument and maybe my description was inappropriate. Here is my "out of nowhere" argument. As mentioned I routinely will watch my rear view mirror when in the left lane and passing. I have in the past been passing somebody in the left lane a few miles over the speed limit. I have already checked more than once and looked up to see somebody camped on my rear bumper while I am passing a person who is in the right lane. That would be my "out of nowhere" scenario. If that is the case, I will in most cases move my speed up a bit more to overtake and pass a little faster than I might normally do. Pass the person and then get over... In that case, could very well be that I did not look in my mirror for 5 or 10 seconds while passing....

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Speed is relative, my grandmother will never drive a mile over 65 but she knows to stay in the left most lane. I have driven with her while she has been passed by mopeds, school buses, midgets, semi trucks etc and its a painful ride.

If you want to set the cruise control on 70 and turn your car into a scenic sanctuary then go ahead, however if i want to hurry up and get home to jump on osa while enjoying some jack daniels whats wrong with that? Why not keep on humming to dire straits, move your ass over, and let me pass? We would both remain happy although you wouldnt get your control high and I wouldnt get a tad frustrated..... wishful thinking i guess.

RaysZ71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Speed is relative, my grandmother will never drive a mile over 65 but she knows to stay in the left most lane. I have driven with her while she has been passed by mopeds, school buses, midgets, semi trucks etc and its a painful ride.

If you want to set the cruise control on 70 and turn your car into a scenic sanctuary then go ahead, however if i want to hurry up and get home to jump on osa while enjoying some jack daniels whats wrong with that? Why not keep on humming to dire straits, move your ass over, and let me pass? We would both remain happy although you wouldnt get your control high and I wouldnt get a tad frustrated..... wishful thinking i guess.

I like how you think, my thoughts exactly. Only in a perfect world with less control freaks.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
...Any rants about semi drivers and our bad behavior?

Contrary to what y'all may believe based on how most of you drive - semis don't own the damned road.

As a practical matter though they might as well. Getting in a pissing contest with a semi while driving a car is unwise at best and downright dangerous to lethal at worst.

It's even dumber if on a motorcycle.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OK... still waiting to hear from all you moving road block drivers.
with traffic blocked for say a 1/4 mile long behind. there is NO way both drivers not know what's going on.

come on don't be shy let us know how you really feel.

Latest posts

Top Bottom