Can we PLEASE go back to a minimum post count before

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t have any problem telling someone that I prefer dealing with established members that participate on the forum. We were all new to the forum at one time and I’m sure we’ve all learned a few things since then.

But some of you would have OSA be some kind of bubble that exists out of reality with the rest of the world. What you could have bought something for 12 months ago is irrelevant to what it’s worth today. There has been a major increase of new gun owners in the last year. I’m sure lot of those folks are trying to get up to speed as quickly as possible. It’s easy for us old timers to sit back on our stash of ammo and our little private collections and believe this is just another little bump in sales and things will return to normal shortly. (Some of us thinking we will make a haul when the market takes a turn and people divest themselves of unwanted guns or ammunition at way under market value.)

Perhaps, we could all be a little more welcoming to the noobs and show them what this place isn’t just another Armslist. They’re either going to find this to a place they want to be a part of or they’ll lose interest if there isn’t anything to keep them around.

Threads complaining the classifieds or new members just come off as petty and immature. I’m sure the new guy or gal that visits the forum for the first time gets a great impression when they see those threads at the top of the new post list or multi-page threads full of far out conspiracy theories or members going back-and-forth with each other.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m right there with y’all! Pretty much everything I post is my attempt at humor. Ya see, I’m trying to get to the top of the most likes leaderboard. @dennishoddy holds the top spot in most posts AND most likes. He’s probably rakin in like about $3k a month in rewards. I need me some of those rewards! I figure the mods would drop the ban hammer on me if I make a bunch of totally useless posts in attempt to unseat Hoddy as most post champ so I’m atleast attempting to post funny useless crap. How could the mods get away with banning a guy who says lots of humorous stuff?! Yeah they can’t. Cuz they know there’d be an uprising! One like never seen before! So I’m just padding the Dova out of my post count and gaining likes left and right. I came in through the classifieds but I’m goin out rich when I steal Hoddys most likes crown. I dunno what I’ll spend the $1500 a month he gets for the most likes on. Maybe I’ll buy a box of bullets or a jeep tailgate off a new guy in the classifieds and share my rags to riches story with him.
The monetary reward are incredible! Livin' large now! Thanks OSA!
Wait a minute! How did I go from $3K a month to $1500 a month in the same post:hypnotize:?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You have the tools at your disposal to ignore these folks if you so choose !!

To ignore someone : click on their avatar, the ignore button pops right up, 2 clicks and less than 2 seconds and your pain is eliminated!!!
I have a ton on ignore. It's the ones that never leave the classifieds to enter into the discussions.
The discussions is why I am on OSA. I don't visit armslist nor gunbroker, nor any other gun sales forum unless it's to look something up.
I understand from the history of this forum that I've been on since 2008 is that the quality members bought and sold among each other for the most part because they knew it was a deal they could live with and if they didn't like it in the long run put it back up for members without the gouging that is going on now.
Don't even try to lecture me on economics because I will rip your ass in return about that same subject gladly. That's not the discussion in this thread.
The core of the forum is still about the discussions. Without it, this place would fold and I don't want to see that happen.
We need a minimum post count in discussions before allowing permission into the classifieds.
If @Okuma wants an Okla gunbroker forum he could easily create another forum and charge membership like armslist.
Clicks on a forum like OSA count toward sponsorships, but I sure don't see a banner with any national sponsors rolling across the top of the home page. Something isn't right.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Without knowing what I am talking about. I believe one has to click on the add itself before it's counted. I've been around for a while, don't post often. Lived through several owners and policies. Seems to me like they all worked in one fashion or another. Be a duck and don't fret the small stuff, Either way ain't gonna make no difference 100 years from now.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can post items for sale in the classifieds? The classifieds have become a NOOB playground of panic priced, fear mongered, price gouged goods and materials. Come on OSA..... back me up on this one. Good Grief!

I’m saying 250-500 quality posts at a minimum. Anybody? What say you?

Been saying it for some time. I've had all sorts of retarded PMs here in the last week from noobs on my ads.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Join date or number of posts? I have done deals with members but I don't post much. Should I be purged?

I've dealt with guys like you, that don't post much but have been here for quite some time, which is fine. I would suggest getting feed back on transactions, becoming a site supporter, or both.

Latest posts

Top Bottom