Can we PLEASE go back to a minimum post count before

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m still very new, although I’ve been involved in several transactions, I am just as interested in being an active supporting member.(I’m here reading this aren’t I:D) I do want to thank everyone who’s done business with me so far. It’s been nothing but a pleasure... Although I’m new I’ve also been somewhat bothered by certain other new individuals and their pms. Either lowballing or offering random trades when i had specific interests listed or just being generally uncouth. I always try to be well spoken and fair, and it seems to help! Thanks again guys!

It happens all the time. I think that is just nature of some people. Same thing at a Gun Show. One of the reasons I never taken anything to sell or trade there. You will get someone who will look it over for 20 minutes then say, how bout 100 bucks lol.

One a side note: I have had people send me a trade offer that I didn't have listed or want, but it sparked my interest enough that I made the trade.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Many of us may be old enough to remember a time before the interweb and if one wanted to sell a firearm they most likely sold it to their buddies, or placed an ad with the Daily Oklahoman, or possibly pawned them off at a local pawn shop/gun store. Running an ad with the Daily Oklahoman was expensive. It depended on number of words and duration of ad. One ad with the Daily Oklahoman was more expensive than three years ($30) on this site.

I sympathize with both parties here but one thing I really can’t abide is those who try to take advantage of the times. Turning our passion into the sport of Kings whereby the common folk can’t afford to play. I view this site more like a local community of like minded Okies who share a passion of hunting and shooting willing to help a guy/gal out in times of need or want. This site should be a site whereby a fair deal is made by both parties. Not a stopgap site for new arrivals to supplement their income. Most of them are not here to join our community or even be a part of it; they are here on a business venture.

Maybe with these changing times the site owner should look at changing his business model. If you’re not an established member here and are solely contributing in the classifieds, basically operating a quasi business, pay up or move along. After all, that's the essence of a fair deal.
The problem is that we see these times every 4 years. It's a cycle ... repeatable, predictable. Heck, I time a lot of my funzies purchases to is so I can get the best deals. I don't know why everyone is so hot and bothered this time. I see an ad I think is BS, I move on. I see a longtime member without a supporter tag dropping way more than the 3 ad limit, I ignore them and move it. Were I to be really bothered I'd hit the ignore option out there and move on.

To repeat, there is ZERO reason that ANYONE will EVER be forced to buy something overpriced here. Everyone has the same options to ignore the crap. ONLY the people BUYING the overpriced crap are ruining it. Seems like I used to buy something new every few weeks here, but I've just stopped because there's been nothing for me. Except for that M&P2.0 that Glock Em Down priced too good for me to resist with the dang accessory package that works perfect with some stuff I already had dang it!

Same thing on selling. Not going to lie here, I've sold guns, ammo, and accessories for more than I paid. For example, If I bought ammo years ago and am going to sell it right now do I have an obligation to sell it at the original price? No, I follow the market. If not, I'd just keep it. As a side note though, I personally try to look at wikiarms and ammoseek and then make sure I'm priced lower than that.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I recently bought ammo from a member here - he charged me market price! Oh the horror!

He's a good dude, I am totally happy, and I get that HIS replacement cost for the ammo (should it become available again) is what determines selling price. Any of the wizards on here try running a business like they advocate for sellers would be under in a New York minute.

It never ceases to amaze me that the same folks that are horrified by a 15 dollar minimum wage are the same cryin' kids that want someone to take in in the butt by selling them ammo at 2019 prices.

If you don't trust the seller with 1 post, don't buy. If you don't like high prices on ammo, don't buy. Really easy, it is.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Couldn't have said it better myself.

And I have a fairly high opinion of my erudition.

You really gonna make me Google that s***, eh?

Grrr....

er·u·di·tion
/ˌer(y)o͝oˈdiSH(ə)n/

noun
  1. the quality of having or showing great knowledge or learning; scholarship.

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The point isn’t trusting the seller. The point is that we have new people who are expressly utilizing the classifieds. They are making no effort to become active members of the community, AND they here exclusively to attempt to make a profit on the item they are selling. I get the whole “it isn’t 2019”. I get the whole “It cost more to replace your gear and ammo”. However, my point is that there are people who are standing outside of Academy at 6 am to buy 5.56 or 9mm, then turning right around and posting it on OSA for a huge profit. Hell man! There was a guy on here trying to sell a case of Tula for $750.00. That shizzle is 200.00 when the election panics are not going on. No I didn’t buy it. No I won’t pay more for ammo than reasonable market price. No I won’t deal with low ballers, or those that offer stupid trades. Again.... that ain’t the point. The point is to be a part of the community. Respect those in involved in advancing the cause. Don’t be in it for profit. The same people tripling the price of their items are the same ones low balling other items. YES THIS HAPPENS EVERY 4 YEARS. You would think the gun community would learn. That’s another thread entirely.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Many of us may be old enough to remember a time before the interweb and if one wanted to sell a firearm they most likely sold it to their buddies, or placed an ad with the Daily Oklahoman, or possibly pawned them off at a local pawn shop/gun store. Running an ad with the Daily Oklahoman was expensive. It depended on number of words and duration of ad. One ad with the Daily Oklahoman was more expensive than three years ($30) on this site.

I sympathize with both parties here but one thing I really can’t abide is those who try to take advantage of the times. Turning our passion into the sport of Kings whereby the common folk can’t afford to play. I view this site more like a local community of like minded Okies who share a passion of hunting and shooting willing to help a guy/gal out in times of need or want. This site should be a site whereby a fair deal is made by both parties. Not a stopgap site for new arrivals to supplement their income. Most of them are not here to join our community or even be a part of it; they are here on a business venture.

Maybe with these changing times the site owner should look at changing his business model. If you’re not an established member here and are solely contributing in the classifieds, basically operating a quasi business, pay up or move along. After all, that's the essence of a fair deal.

You left “The Bargain Post” off your list!

Latest posts

Top Bottom