Can we PLEASE go back to a minimum post count before

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Look here! Two new gents/gals working out a trade detail right now. Hope their trade goes as well as one between long timers! It is what it is!

https://www.okshooters.com/threads/fs-ft-siamese-mauser.307116/

apparently a low of new gents/gals are unfamiliar with how to work out a deal on a PM and we just have more posts to scroll though. Wouldn’t be surprised to see them post their numbers and meet up location later.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Let's not close it till I sell the rough rider bb gun with the compass in the stock, I've had for sale since 2001. I think 10 grand would be a deal.....who knew.
As far as the post, it would be nice if people would note that the item is sold. The one and done folks you can't reach and it gets frustrating. Still I've got some great deals from members here.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can post items for sale in the classifieds? The classifieds have become a NOOB playground of panic priced, fear mongered, price gouged goods and materials. Come on OSA..... back me up on this one. Good Grief!

I’m saying 250-500 quality posts at a minimum. Anybody? What say you?
Wouldn't say quite that many posts but I think your basic point is valid.

If you ask me how many, I'd say 100-150. But that's me.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What I find awesome is that everyone complaining right now doesn't complain about the long time members that will post high prices. Just the newbies. And here in a few months when a lot of people are financially strapped and need to sell off all the guns, ammo and gear quick and cheap to pay bills, they'll looove having those same folks around. Meanwhile Okuma is just probably trying to keep as many clicks through as he can to get the ad revenue needed to run the place and everyone is crapping on him. I've got no problems with the guy or his choices --- if he doesn't want a minimum count then that's his choice. Back when I joined, there was a minimum count of I think 20 posts, now everyone is over here trying to say 100, 200, 250. Imagine if minimum wage had kept up with inflation like those minimum count numbers apparently did!

Remember --- one of the most basic rules of the internet, is that if you are not paying for a service, you are not the client, you are the product. The website costs money --- servers, networking, storage, maintenance, and while I've got no issues with Okuma I also don't think he's probably spending his personal money just so that a bunch of cranky babies in Oklahoma can have a place to complain about all that's wrong in the world when newbies want to join.

If ya'll think you can run it better, step up, pay up and buy it. Or create your own. Problem solved.

Jcann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Many of us may be old enough to remember a time before the interweb and if one wanted to sell a firearm they most likely sold it to their buddies, or placed an ad with the Daily Oklahoman, or possibly pawned them off at a local pawn shop/gun store. Running an ad with the Daily Oklahoman was expensive. It depended on number of words and duration of ad. One ad with the Daily Oklahoman was more expensive than three years ($30) on this site.

I sympathize with both parties here but one thing I really can’t abide is those who try to take advantage of the times. Turning our passion into the sport of Kings whereby the common folk can’t afford to play. I view this site more like a local community of like minded Okies who share a passion of hunting and shooting willing to help a guy/gal out in times of need or want. This site should be a site whereby a fair deal is made by both parties. Not a stopgap site for new arrivals to supplement their income. Most of them are not here to join our community or even be a part of it; they are here on a business venture.

Maybe with these changing times the site owner should look at changing his business model. If you’re not an established member here and are solely contributing in the classifieds, basically operating a quasi business, pay up or move along. After all, that's the essence of a fair deal.

Sted-E Ed-E

LET’S GO BRANDON!
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m still very new, although I’ve been involved in several transactions, I am just as interested in being an active supporting member.(I’m here reading this aren’t I:D) I do want to thank everyone who’s done business with me so far. It’s been nothing but a pleasure... Although I’m new I’ve also been somewhat bothered by certain other new individuals and their pms. Either lowballing or offering random trades when i had specific interests listed or just being generally uncouth. I always try to be well spoken and fair, and it seems to help! Thanks again guys!

Latest posts

Top Bottom