Canadian Valley Rifle range

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aeropb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That place is not perfect, but you're being awfully hard on a place run by an octogenarian. Yes you do have to police yourself and others, the no shotguns or machine guns rules are ********, and it sucks that the rates went up, and the policy of making everyone who enters pay to shoot is backwards by today's high standards. I enjoy going when its just myself or myself and a pal and at times when traffic is low. There are gigantic amounts of brass left for the taking as well.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That place is not perfect, but you're being awfully hard on a place run by an octogenarian. Yes you do have to police yourself and others, the no shotguns or machine guns rules are ********, and it sucks that the rates went up, and the policy of making everyone who enters pay to shoot is backwards by today's high standards. I enjoy going when its just myself or myself and a pal and at times when traffic is low. There are gigantic amounts of brass left for the taking as well.

Is it just me or does it sound like you hate every aspect of this range?

Make the long drive to Happy Hollow near Tulsa. I've never been to Canadian Valley but it sounds like Happy Hollow is everything Canadian Valley wishes it was.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That last time I was out there was in 2007. A friend and I went there to do some shooting and read the sign at the door. It said "NO MACHINEGUNS". I said, "OK" and went on in to look around and see about buying some targets. Once inside, I started up a conversation and finally asked about the sign outside. His reply was "there are only two ranges authorized in the state that are allowed to have full auto shot there and this isn't one of them". My mind is screaming "BS", but I was nice. I asked "where are they"? He said "I don't know." I asked "why are there only two?" He said "thats what it says in state law." And of course I had to ask "which law is that?". Again, the reply "I don't know, but it's in there." By this time, the look on his face told me he was tired of the discussion and knew he had been caught in a lie. I let it drop and left and haven't been back since. I won't give my business to someone who lies to me.

oneof79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What outdoor ranges allow unsupervised shooting of full autos? I know there are events where everyone gets together and shoots. Red Castle in Tulsa allows full autos on their plinking range. Any place in and around central Oklahoma?

I have heard that range construction, i.e. height of the berms had a lot to do with the ahj's allowing full auto.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While it's not allowed I'd bet you could shoot FA at Wagoner County WMA range. The crap I've seen go on at that range it may as well not have rules if no one there enforces them.

Super_soph198

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to go out there pretty often but the past few times that I have gone their have only been 1 or 2 benches that had a decent target holder downrange. My biggest issue is that twice now I have gone down there and had someone else put myself at risk for them having their heads up their butts. For example there were four of us shooting at the 100, we all called the range cold and walked downrange to check the targets. This guy sets up while we were all downrange and starts shooting. We all were racing each other to get to that idiot to give him a piece of our minds. I used to go to Everetts but they are just too busy for their equipment, I am just covered in black powder after shooting their due to the ventilation not being able to keep up. The idiot factor their as well. I'll stick with going to the farm to shoot.
I will say Canadian and Everetts is run by some good guys, but the dumb customers make it not worth it. A range master would make those place much safer to go.

TonerGuy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What outdoor ranges allow unsupervised shooting of full autos? I know there are events where everyone gets together and shoots. Red Castle in Tulsa allows full autos on their plinking range. Any place in and around central Oklahoma?

I have heard that range construction, i.e. height of the berms had a lot to do with the ahj's allowing full auto.
OKCGC and TCGC do not allow full auto but The Gun Range(formally SGT. Everetts) and HH do allow full auto's with proper paper work.

Latest posts

Top Bottom