carrying while with a felon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nanotech9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thats just paranoia IMO if you think you need to carry all the time.

really? i'll bet you carry a spare tire in your vehicle every where you go... thats just paranoid. You should only put the spare in the trunk if know when you're going to have a flat tire. Otherwise, its completely useless and serves no purpose... in fact, its paranoid. Living in fear of having a flat tire is just CRAZY!

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Its not difficult all. I know a lot of felons, and I dont associate with any of them, some are family. I dont do business with felons, especially those convicted of narcotics charges, regardless of how well they do business.

Its a choice, nothing more.

There you go.I have no friends or family felons(that I know of) so no problem here.This begs a question though.How do you know that all of your friends(if you have many) are not felons? I mean I suspect,and I could be wrong,the subject doesn't usually come up in a casual friendship.Of course if you carry concealed,you don't usually blurt that out either. Steve

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
really? i'll bet you carry a spare tire in your vehicle every where you go... thats just paranoid. You should only put the spare in the trunk if know when you're going to have a flat tire. Otherwise, its completely useless and serves no purpose... in fact, its paranoid. Living in fear of having a flat tire is just CRAZY

Your logic is amazing.

I knew I would get dissention but some people just have to be complete assholes.

I stand by what I said anyway.

Lets see. I would probably go just about anywhere in town where I live at without a spare- I'm only a phone call away from home and someone to come help me,I should be ok around town. On a road trip back home to Cali. No way. Paranoid. Nope. Smart. Yep.

Do I go pee in my own house without my gun on me? Yes. Watch a movie with my kids with it on the coffee table. No. Make a sandwich without it on? Yes. Swim in the back yard pool with it? No. Go see a buddy at 3am in the city. No way. Paranoid? No. Smart? Yes.

As well as I think I can get through a family picnic and softball game or Thanksgiving without the need to be armed. Ya never though,Uncle Frank may want to punch me in the mouth over that last piece of pumpkin pie. After I punch him back its likely he will then pull his gun,then I guess I would just have to pull mine and shoot him in front of everybody if he's looking at me like he's going to kill me.

liliysdad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There you go.I have no friends or family felons(that I know of) so no problem here.This begs a question though.How do you know that all of your friends(if you have many) are not felons? I mean I suspect,and I could be wrong,the subject doesn't usually come up in a casual friendship.Of course if you carry concealed,you don't usually blurt that out either. Steve

Trust me, I know. I owe it to my family to know who comes into my house, or who I associate with.

nofearfactor said:
I knew I would get dissention but some people just have to be complete assholes.

I stand by what I said anyway.

Complete assholes or not, your statement is still ludicrous.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ludicrous
I dont think the word realistic is in the definition of ludicrous. Thinking you have to carry everywhere all the time to me though,to me,IMO, is ludicrous. And paranoid. Thats just my own personal opinion.

Besides. I'm pretty far from giving a **** if anyone agrees with any of my opinions. Which I believe to not be based on fact. I have made it this far just fine by living according to my own rules and I dont plan on changeing anything. I know that my stance on this subject isnt going to be a popular one around here. O well.

I just feel safe enough myself to go outside and check my mail,go to the grocery store,mow my yard,etcetc,and go to family functions without the need to arm myself with something other than my knife and fighting skills.

The question of carrying around a felon then is simple to me. I guess I just wouldnt,if I knew them well enough. Felons- some times which are friends or family-are not always the monsters we think they are. It isnt very hard for a person to screw up these days and end up a felon,for whatever reason.

Still. I will carry only when I believe there is a need to. I dont feel that my life is in danger all of the time every where I go. I got my permit so I could carry legal only for those times where I may be out of the house and in a position where my life is in danger. Too many good people with all of the best intentions are sitting in prison or on parole now because their use of force was unjustified when they jumped too quick at a shadow. I'm not a cop or a security gaurd with a need to carry all the time either. My father was a cop when I grew up and he didnt even carry every where we went.

Someone doesnt agree with me then that is your business. I'm not high or living in a fantasy world either. I am completely in touch with reality. I am aware of my surroundings. I do watch the news as much as the next guy. I'm on the streets out and about at all hours of the day and night. I have friends in all levels of society. Ive lived all over the country- in some good places and in alot of bad places. Ive been shot at twice,hit twice,stabbed at,guns pulled on me,and a pillow held over my head at age 6 by an intruder in my grandmothers home during a burglary. So at 40 years old I think I know what it is I need to do for me.

When I'm at home my guns are locked and loaded and within reach when I may need to protect my family,if the need arises. If my family is with me out and about I will usually be carrying to help protect them. But for my own personal safety I just dont think I need to always be carrying. As a professional musician and tattoo artist I'm used to not carrying at work. Just take care of you and worry about yourself and dont worry about me, I'm just fine.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I should've probably noted, also, that I meant no disrespect in my post. Reading it again I see how abrasive it could be, although the tone of your post doesn't really make me feel like you took it that way - I just want to make sure I'm covered.

Most of these people I would've never known to be convicted felons, except sometimes when I'm bored I like to look people up on ODCR. Heck, some of my coworkers seem like model people, but I see a pretty common occurrence of POC among them.

My sister was upset with how much I disliked her last boyfriend (she usually chooses well, and he seemed pretty stand-up... but that might have been his time in the Navy). She got more upset when I showed his printout of the five restraining orders he had during the one year span between turning 18 and joining the Navy. She's going to pursue her Master's in another state for two reasons: one, she doesn't like our programs and two, she doesn't think I can check up on who she's seeing if she's in another state. Am I overprotective? Maybe a bit. but anyway...

Ahhh, but you can ...

Protect

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Showing up at family functions I leave mine in the car anyways. Who really needs to carry around family? Not me. I dont have to carry 24-7 and every where I go to feel safe in this world.

I carry most often around my family and friends. I carry to protect myself and my loved ones, not to feel safe. Very simple logic, not paranoia.

I don't carry 100% of the time, mainly because my main office is in City Hall and I can't legally carry there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom