Chuba Hubbard now doesnt want to play for Gundy...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slim Deal

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would ratf**k punk chubba every single day. Work his ass off every day, maybe have a few linemen blow the block and let him get pounded every friggin day. Put him in a game for one play and never let him touch the ball. When he got ready to quit and transfer, block it. As far as Hargis, I would already have an attorney on retainer and have a law suite for 500mil drawn up and ready. I would make that black snow flake cry.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
If Gundy leaves he will get an extra 15-20 million out of the deal. He has done a masterful job of fleecing the willing at OSU for many years. I have said it before. I think OSU is on the decline and missed the opportunity to strike when the iron was hot. They should have let him leave years ago and throw big money at a real coach. He has never been worth what he was paid. The big 12 is sadly not much of a league anymore and lots of places have facilities as nice or nicer than OSU. On the flip side I would bet that Miles has Kansas smashing teams in another year or two. Two totally different calibers of coaches.

If he does stay he has no power now and will be controlled by the players. Its going to end badly either way.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
He looked drunk or at least hung over in the latest video. Kinda Hangry like he needed a a couple chicken lil sandwiches from KFC. Either way put a fork in him, hes done!

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If Gundy had any balls he would have kicked him off the team and wished him good riddance.

LOL I love you telling OK State's head coach most successful coach in history how to handle damage control here. Fortunately he has enough sense to know he'd burn down both his career and his alma mater's program if he did anything close to that. Good coaches have been let go for much less.

Y'all seem to way underestimating how much of his job is recruiting and posturing to be able to attract talent. Recruiting is arguably more important than coaching itself, and for a head coach even more so since you can rely on assistants and positional coaches to develop talent. Man's job a football coach, not a political idealogue, and he's been smart enough to at least try to recover and save some sort of face to not tank his program. Or maybe you guys know how much it matters, and were you running the show at OK State, you'd like to think you'd be that principled to still tell everyone to Pizz Off anyway. But I find that preeeeeeetty doubtful.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
LOL I love you telling OK State's head coach most successful coach in history how to handle damage control here. Fortunately he has enough sense to know he'd burn down both his career and his alma mater's program if he did anything close to that. Good coaches have been let go for much less.

Y'all seem to way underestimating how much of his job is recruiting and posturing to be able to attract talent. Recruiting is arguably more important than coaching itself, and for a head coach even more so since you can rely on assistants and positional coaches to develop talent. Man's job a football coach, not a political idealogue, and he's been smart enough to at least try to recover and save some sort of face to not tank his program. Or maybe you guys know how much it matters, and were you running the show at OK State, you'd like to think you'd be that principled to still tell everyone to Pizz Off anyway. But I find that preeeeeeetty doubtful.
I don't buy that theory. Stoops sent superstars down the road or suspended them for violations and he is going into the college hall of fame. The fact that a coach has a backbone and nards to back them up is a far superior recruiting tool than an broken down, beat up apology in a video.
Gundy has lost control of the team, he will be replaced. His sad apology is a desperate gasp to save his job but I suspect the damage is beyond repair. His future is likely a QB coach in a 2A program down the road.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't buy that theory. Stoops sent superstars down the road or suspended them for violations and he is going into the college hall of fame. The fact that a coach has a backbone and nards to back them up is a far superior recruiting tool than an broken down, beat up apology in a video.

I dunno... Stoops never found himself engulfed in allegations of racism or getting himself involved in politics. He was smart enough to say "ah shucks" and keep out of that topic.

If you watch Riley, he's VERY MUCH in support of his players in that regard. I suspect (though I don't really know) a dude from Muleshoe TX who constantly has a massive pinch of dip in his mouth ain't very liberal himself, but he's got enough sense to know the crowd he's playing to.

Gundy has lost control of the team, he will be replaced. His sad apology is a desperate gasp to save his job but I suspect the damage is beyond repair. His future is likely a QB coach in a 2A program down the road.

You're spot on here. I think Gundy's been too comfortable and too out of touch with his players for a while now. I remember him standing up for them (He's a man! He's 40!). But I just don't think he's tuned in.

And that apology video looked like he could have had two ISIS dudes with knives standing next to him forcing him to give it. Damn it was rough.

Latest posts

Top Bottom