Coburn sold us out!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonodeck

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
"I can just imagine the discussion now, "Well, you wanted a vote and I helped you get it. It lost. Now how about a serious straight up vote on some budget reductions?" Hmmm?"

You're kidding, right? Democrats for Budget Reductions? That's an oxymoron isn't it?

Harry Reid runs the Senate. You think that fat cat cares about us? He's got an agenda and we're going to foot the bill.

Senator Coburn voted for Internet Taxes, the last refuge from the government sticking thier hand in your pocket for buying something.

I'll bet a trip to the range, Internet Taxes have a better chance of passing the Senate than Budget Reductions. And you can thank the good Senator from Oklahoma, Tom Coburn!

Arin Morris

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They didn't lose the bill, just the amendments. They shelved the bill so they can bring it back to the floor at a later time. They shouldn't be debating constitutional rights at all. Now it's just sitting in the Senate, festering like some kind of disease waiting for a weak moment to strike.

jonodeck

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
“They didn't lose the bill, just the amendments. They shelved the bill so they can bring it back to the floor at a later time. They shouldn't be debating constitutional rights at all. Now it's just sitting in the Senate, festering like some kind of disease waiting for a weak moment to strike. ”

Bingo! Right on!

http://rare.us/story/its-only-a-matter-of-time-until-we-ram-gun-control-through-says-pelosi/

And you can thank the good Senator from Oklahoma, Tom Coburn.

Aku

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They didn't lose the bill, just the amendments. They shelved the bill so they can bring it back to the floor at a later time. They shouldn't be debating constitutional rights at all. Now it's just sitting in the Senate, festering like some kind of disease waiting for a weak moment to strike.

+3

Nicely said.

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think everyone knows Coburn did not vote for the bills passage - they are upset that he voted to move a debate forward. I don't feel a great need to defend Dr. Tom since the facts themselves are crying out in his behalf.

There is real value is those BDDs (Blue Dog Dems) voting and debating this bill. Coburn helped make that happen. The ones who voted to protect liberty are going to have to answer to the Nanny-in-Chief for it - causing unrest in the democratic party (the kind of unrest some here are starting by trash talking a good but imperfect man who is giving up grandkid time to represent OK) The ones who voted against liberty are going to have to answer to the "God and gun loving" folks back home.

Maybe I am the only one, but I really like open, recorded votes on things that matter. Bills dying in dark alleys let Blue Dogs tell TWO stories depending on what room they are in. But when you vote - you leave a mark. Coburn's vote helped make that vote possible and, yes, it could have gone the other way - but that would have cost Dems seats - there are a lot of shooters, hunters and liberty lovers in blue states. A staggering amount when you get outside city limits in the SE.

We can do the 'maybe and what-if' thing all day long on this bill - but why?.

Also, I can accuse some of you of beating your poor, elderly hound dog and then claim that you only quit because I pressured you into it. But I don't do that because it would be ungentlemanly, and a low character assassination from the margins.

The entire 2nd amendment is based on a "maybe" and "what if". What if I have to defend myself from King George III? What if I have to protect my family from looters after a natural disaster? What if they offered Coburn a deal where they cut tons of pork he's been wanting in exchange for background checks? (Background checks which Coburn has been PUSHING FOR) We have to ask "what if" and "maybe". It's the only way to prepare for a bad situation if a senator or representative is there to only serve himself. "Dr. Tom" wasn't elected to be my doctor, nor my friend, nor my drinking buddy. SENATOR Tom was elected to represent you and I and protect the rights and interests of everyday Oklahomans. We made it very clear to him that most Oklahomans weren't comfortable with anybody debating our rights. He didn't listen. It all worked out in the end (for now) but people are still angry with him because he chose to play a dangerous game with our freedom. He took a risk he shouldn't have taken.

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anybody who'd been paying attention knew that steaming pile of crap wasn't going to pass the Senate, and it sure as hell wasn't going anywhere in the House. Do you really think Coburn didn't know the score before he voted to allow debate?

I wish I could be as trusting and sure of these vipers' votes as you are. But as stated before, I can't trust a bunch of bureaucratic nincompoops with something as important as my God-given rights.

jonodeck

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score

mons meg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It all worked out in the end (for now) but people are still angry with him because he chose to play a dangerous game with our freedom. He took a risk he shouldn't have taken.

Again, you simply can't know that. Coburn appears to have been playing the long game here, and to assume he was being reckless without knowing what he knows is in itself a reckless assumption.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Again, you simply can't know that. Coburn appears to have been playing the long game here, and to assume he was being reckless without knowing what he knows is in itself a reckless assumption.

Based on what we're now seeing, it appears that Coburn had a PERFECT opportunity to drop this matter, and he hasn't. In light of that, I find your premise to be naive at best. :(

Latest posts

Top Bottom