Coburn sold us out!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mons meg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All I am saying is there's a lot we don't know about what was going on between Senators in the Republican caucus. I have also maintained, maybe not very clearly, that it's NOT PRODUCTIVE to characterize Coburn as some sort of enemy. Look at who voted for cloture: mixed bag of moderates and Tea Party types. Look who voted for filibuster: mixed bag of moderates and Tea Party types.

I'm just assuming based on what I know about the way our State reps and senators work that there was horse trading and strategy going on the whole time. I don't think it's being naive to not jump to conclusions. I was also frustrated at the amount of energy being expended on ideological purity when we were at "war".

Catching up here...I was out for a few days for a trip to NYC. GTG, you will be happy to know TSA did not make me crazy at either OKC or LGA. :D

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All I am saying is there's a lot we don't know about what was going on between Senators in the Republican caucus. I have also maintained, maybe not very clearly, that it's NOT PRODUCTIVE to characterize Coburn as some sort of enemy. Look at who voted for cloture: mixed bag of moderates and Tea Party types. Look who voted for filibuster: mixed bag of moderates and Tea Party types.

I'm just assuming based on what I know about the way our State reps and senators work that there was horse trading and strategy going on the whole time. I don't think it's being naive to not jump to conclusions. I was also frustrated at the amount of energy being expended on ideological purity when we were at "war".

Catching up here...I was out for a few days for a trip to NYC. GTG, you will be happy to know TSA did not make me crazy at either OKC or LGA. :D

That's good to know. Probably because we haven't heard a single peep from "management" since the marathon bombing. Not...one...single...thing. Sorry, but the frowny face is pretty much mandatory on this one. :(

Latest posts

Top Bottom