Cooking/Food thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
IMG_2463.jpeg

Friday nights have gone from going out every week, to every other week. The weeks we stay home I try to kick dinner up a notch.

Last night we had lamb chops with a garlic confit and rosemary marinade/glaze. Cooked to a medium rare (wife got a nice medium) over a oak and charcoal fire.

Side was oven roasted rainbow carrots, parsley, fennel, and leeks tossed in a little duck fat with some garlic powder and Redmond real salt (great stuff by the way). 30 minutes in the oven gets everybody caramelized beautifully.

Everybody was paired a nice Spanish Grenache that I found last week, and more or less inspired this meal.

IMG_2465.jpeg

For dessert I kept it easy: puff pastry with lemon curd, topped with blackberries, and served with whipped cream.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Breakfast was much more simple. Ube Mochi pancakes with some of @HillsideDesolate ’s wonderful honey on top and homemade butter.

The wife doesn’t react to much, if she says she likes something or wants something it’s the equivalent of other people obsessing over something. Well, she’s asked for these pancakes two weekends in a row, which is a pretty big deal. Honestly, they might be the best pancakes I’ve ever eaten too.
IMG_2477.jpeg

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
View attachment 393334

Friday nights have gone from going out every week, to every other week. The weeks we stay home I try to kick dinner up a notch.

Last night we had lamb chops with a garlic confit and rosemary marinade/glaze. Cooked to a medium rare (wife got a nice medium) over a oak and charcoal fire.

Side was oven roasted rainbow carrots, parsley, fennel, and leeks tossed in a little duck fat with some garlic powder and Redmond real salt (great stuff by the way). 30 minutes in the oven gets everybody caramelized beautifully.

Everybody was paired a nice Spanish Grenache that I found last week, and more or less inspired this meal.

View attachment 393336
For dessert I kept it easy: puff pastry with lemon curd, topped with blackberries, and served with whipped cream.
Well done!

Latest posts

Top Bottom