Dan Wesson 1911's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adluginb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Much appreciated opinions, I believe I will be hunting for a Les Baer or a used Wilson..

There are deals to be had on used Baers and Wilsons if you're patient. That being said I wouldn't turn down a deal on a DW. I just bought a DW cbob because of this thread to check it out for myself. Should have it next week.

BrettJ

Ain’t got no gas in it..
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There are deals to be had on used Baers and Wilsons if you're patient. That being said I wouldn't turn down a deal on a DW. I just bought a DW cbob because of this thread to check it out for myself. Should have it next week.

Awesome, let me know how you like the cbob. I haven't ruled out DW...I just am really diggin' the Baers!

adluginb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Awesome, let me know how you like the cbob. I haven't ruled out DW...I just am really diggin' the Baers!

I'm am in no way putting down the Baers by buying the cbob, just wanted to check it out for myself. Here's you something to drool over, My Thunder Ranch.

[Broken External Image]

Pointman66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You're just full of misinformation aren't ya?? :D

When you are the only one who disagrees maybe you should do a little research.

Glock= higher capacity, no safety, lower bore axis, runs covered in grime, you can reach the slide release with your dominant thumb, quicker draw because it weighs less.

And I'm a 1911 fan.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When you are the only one who disagrees maybe you should do a little research.

Well I wasn't the only one. Read the responses. Besides, since I own both I understand the reality that one can become proficient in both or either. Knocking either for carry weapons is for internet warriors as they are both dominant in competition circles and both are proven platforms.

Glock= higher capacity,

True. Last time I got in a gang fight I didn't need my 33rder though.

no safety

Technically not true.

runs covered in grime

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEABZswQWDg

Now I know this makes for good conversation with the internet heros on the boards.... but this means little in CCW.... unless you hang out in swamps, deserts, etc.

you can reach the slide release with your dominant thumb

I can reach a slide release with a 1911? Not that I choose to as I slingshot but I can. :)

quicker draw because it weighs less.

Depends.

bcox

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You tellin' stories on me Bigg'en? :)

Let me tell ya, anybody who can draw from a holster and put three shots down range into the berm in under 2 seconds is impressive... let alone to put those three shots on target.

Oh, and it was 5 targets, 5 shots in 1.93 seconds with video to prove! ;)

I hope to drop below 1.90 by Summer time.

Not to toot my own horn, I was out with some friends and we were doing what I believe is called a bsa drill not real sure on the name. I have a video of me shooting, drill goes like this - hands in the air, buzzer goes off, draw and shoot 5 shots to center mass in under 2.00 secs. It was my first time ever to try and I did it in 2.14 and could have easily got closer to 2.00 if I wouldn't have paused for the last shot. I try to get the video up, if anyone wants to see it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom