dedicated pistol light or hand held flashlight

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perrone

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Everyone seems to be picking one or the other. Why not have both? Have a light mounted and a handheld. This way, depending on the situation, you're always prepared? It's not that much extra weight.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have both. I have a 3 and 6 year old, and if I am having to carry one to a place of safety, I cant use my handheld in my off hand. It shouldnt be an issue, as they both sleep in the same room (they each have their own, but we know how that goes), but sometimes one or both end up in ours. My wife knows that if something happens, and the kids are in their room, thats the safe room, make it there and lock the door. If they are in our room we lock the door. But again, if one is with us, and the other in their room. I have to carry a sleeping child in one arm. The M3 on my glock then and usually only then becomes my primary. Just because its my primary doesnt mean its on, as I can manuever through the house with ambient light.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Its always going to fall back on how you were trained or trained yourself. I for one us a handheld light between my two middle fingers, and pull it back into my palm to turn it on. I an use it to rest against the side on my pistol/revolver, or off hand. For those of us who trained in the military to use your natural night vision, you should be able to ID anyone not a family member. My wife arms up with the shotgun while I go to secure the kids back to our bedroom. Anyone after that trying to gain entry into our bedroom is going to have a bad day.

Latest posts

Top Bottom