defense simulator for real life scenarios

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beau B

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wilshire Gun has a shoot house set up, they supply all the gear. Their G19 shoots some kind of simunition paint ball.
Only $75 for a 2 hour class, I thought it was good and will do it again.
Glad to hear that, I’ve enjoyed the courses I took at Wilshire and was considering this one.

ok-22shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
2A had a course several years ago when I retook the concealed carry class there. I talked to them this morning and they are using the room for something else if I heard correctly.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds like an interesting facility. Firearms training in the context of personal defense should definitely be more than just marksmanship based. Decisional drills are important to practice.

BillPenn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Really interested in this. Sounds like some good training. Per the conversations above my opinion is. If someone breaks into your home with a gun there is no time for conversation. They have seriously given up all rights, even the right to breath. Anything other give them a chance to surrender. If only to keep from going thru all the BS that will come with shooting someone.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Really interested in this. Sounds like some good training. Per the conversations above my opinion is. If someone breaks into your home with a gun there is no time for conversation. They have seriously given up all rights, even the right to breath. Anything other give them a chance to surrender. If only to keep from going thru all the BS that will come with shooting someone.

What if that person or persons is a LEO that mistook your house for another?

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What if that person or persons is a LEO that mistook your house for another?

No knock warrants should not be allowed. They are asking residents of a home to make an incredibly difficult decision measured in fractions of a second. If they announce as LEO, we can review our cameras to verify from an isolated room or hold the firearm at low ready from partial cover to request a badge or other proof of identification.

BillPenn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well since you want to play devils advocate. This is where the training comes in. I have spent a good chunk of my life in very dangerous places. I don't have to wonder how I would act, or if I could act. Good training helps to make those split second decisions. Not going to shoot one of my sons because they show up in the middle of the night to sleep on the couch. Not likely to engage the police if a bunch of them come busting thru the door all at once. Again, training, training, and more training. Gives you the confidence and presence of mind to act as needed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom