Del-ton good enough?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raeken45

Made of wrongthink
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am thinking about building my first AR and was wondering what everybody's opinion of del-ton is. Midway has some pretty good deals on rifle kits and I figured I would get a stripped lower from FBT.
I plan on using the AR for occasional target shooting probably around 100 yards, and maybe once a month at most. I know there is a lot better out there, but for my current needs and the fact that I'm on a budget, should this (Del-ton, Dpms, JSE) be good enough? Thanks

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I would think that it would fit your needs just fine.

There's nothing in the world wrong with a budget AR platform rifle that is used as such. My favorite AR is a budget build on a poly lower using a del-ton LPK and a DPMS upper. great little carbine for light duty.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I am thinking about building my first AR and was wondering what everybody's opinion of del-ton is. Midway has some pretty good deals on rifle kits and I figured I would get a stripped lower from FBT.
I plan on using the AR for occasional target shooting probably around 100 yards, and maybe once a month at most. I know there is a lot better out there, but for my current needs and the fact that I'm on a budget, should this (Del-ton, Dpms, JSE) be good enough? Thanks

I don't think you'll beat buying the rest of the parts from FBT too vs Midway.

And you can use the Del-Ton mid length lightweight barreled upper, for $369, lower $55, lpk $50, stock kit $50. Plus tax, just add handguard of your choice.

aestus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For range and plinking Del-Ton is fine. However, for same price or sometimes less when there's a deal, i'd go with Palmetto State Armory. They're a bit more "in spec" and probably the best AR and AR parts for the dollar you can buy.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
What does A bit more "in Spec" mean?

Either the upper meets specifications or they don't. the PSA entry level upper and the Del-Ton uppers are in the same quality class. I've got both, can't tell the difference.

The idea of getting the entire kit from FBT is a great idea. It ensures all the parts will work together (that way you don't end up with a mil-spec lower and a commercial spec buffer tube - stuff like that)

Latest posts

Top Bottom