Del-ton good enough?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do you believe that the problems could have been resolved with minor gas tuning, or the assembly/QC wasn't up to par, or inferior parts just showing their ugly head?

P.S. I've never bought a complete rifle. However I have assembled dozens using mix-match parts of all sorts, and the only problem I've ever had was Stag lower with out-of-spec take-down pins.

Since we were working on the clock and had extra rifles, we didn't bother too much with diagnisis of the symptoms. We just grabbed another rifle and moved on. Pro shooter B.J. Norris did break one of them down and attempt to diagnose/correct the issue, but didn't come up with anything.

n8thegr8

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My only AR is built on a DTI lower. I'm happy with it. Is there better out there? Sure, but then again I'm a guy who wears wal-mart clothes. As long as it serves it's purpose, I could care less what label is on it.

Dr_Mitch

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My 3-Gun AR has a Del-Ton upper, with about 2,000 rounds on it. It shoots 3/4 MOA (after free-floating), stands up to beatings, and has never had any type of malfunction. It might even shoot better than 3/4 MOA, as I am not the king of benchrest shooting and someone who is certainly might be able to do it. I would buy another.

Latest posts

Top Bottom