Did I Choose the Wrong Calibers?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With the ammo manufacturers running 24/7 you're gonna be hit & miss on components.
But they're still trickling thru.
I saw where PV had primers recently and I think they're the toughest component to find right now.
Just keep looking.
Stock up for 4 years from now, when we have our next shortage.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With that 7mag "Can you hear me now?" probably aint much of a problem either.

:mosh: An old deer lease I was on, my stand was mile adn a half from camp. The others had a habit of leaving their stands around 9:30 adn going in for breakfast. I always sat on the stand all day. For 5 yrs, every deer I shot on that lease was between 11:00 and 2:00. I happen to shoot 2 does around 11:15 and when I walked into camp to get my truck, everybody was standing in front of my camper waiting, asking what did you get? we know it was you, we heard that howitzer going off and you're the only 1 DUMB? enough to hunt in tee middle of the day.

Last edited:

EFsDad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just got out a box of .22 I had hid to give to a neighbor that was out and saw this on the box of 550 Remington Golden bullets. $13.97 3-10-10 Wal-mart. I mark every box when where and how much I bought it for. I starting buying after 2008 scare/shortage and haven't quit. I just want to point out that in a year or 2 things should be back to normal barring any pending legislation.

SoonerBorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just got out a box of .22 I had hid to give to a neighbor that was out and saw this on the box of 550 Remington Golden bullets. $13.97 3-10-10 Wal-mart. I mark every box when where and how much I bought it for. I starting buying after 2008 scare/shortage and haven't quit. I just want to point out that in a year or 2 things should be back to normal barring any pending legislation.

Funny thing is that before '08 I was buying that exact same box for between 6.99 and 8.99. It will go down but it's never going back down to where it was before December. Everyone needs to accept that.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Funny thing is that before '08 I was buying that exact same box for between 6.99 and 8.99. It will go down but it's never going back down to where it was before December. Everyone needs to accept that.

Ammo prices were definitely on the increase before all this madness started in '08.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Prices WERE on the way up because the price of lead was going up, partly due to China buying up supplies the same way ammo is being bought now. Bought a car battery lately? When / IF the government created panic subsides, supplies and prices will normalize, but probably WILL NOT return to pre-panic prices.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Funny thing is that before '08 I was buying that exact same box for between 6.99 and 8.99. It will go down but it's never going back down to where it was before December.

i479.photobucket.com_albums_rr155_OldFart_57_Cheap22lr_a.jpg

I still have a couple bulk packs like this one...:ugh2:

Latest posts

Top Bottom