Do you carry with a round chambered?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If you carry a semi-auto, do you have a round chambered?

• yes

Votes: 349 95.4%
  • no

Votes: 17 4.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

specialfx78

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The reason I started this thread is because quite a few people (gun people) have been suprised that I carry in ready mode. Some even say it's crazy to do with my G19.
Obviously here on this forum I'm in the majority.

BTW it's fine to breath underwater if you have the right equipment. And I wouldn't carry a chambered glock without a proper holster.

You should print out this article and give it to those people...

http://www.okshooters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=511

Any amount of realistic training would teach them that,

A)Carrying with a round chambered is safe.

and

B)Trying to chamber a round in high stress situation where you are likely within a few feet or less of your attacker is not practical.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I actually tried to find one to save me posting a new one and could not. I read all the thread topics I could see in the cc forum. Sorry if I wasted your internets.

No worries...this is just one of those recurring threads like carry at the fair, which gun is better etc...gets old but sometimes I guess it doesn't hurt to revisit it.

skyydiver

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had never even thought about carrying with an empty chamber until I read on the internet that some people do that. Then I got to thinkin'....Maybe I should carry a knife without a blade so I won't accidentally cut myself or someone else. That makes about and much sense, right?

Actually, I'd say there is a parallel between this and packing a folder for defense.

trbii

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What would you do if that bum in the wally world parking lot grabbed your weak side arm, buffaloed you up into the nearest side of a parked car, showed you a shank(screwdriver, ice pick, knife), demanded your money? The draw, rack the slide using both hands and fire drill would be foiled completely, would'nt it? It's something I would consider. I've been panhandled in a mall parking lot recently. Just said "No sir" and moved on. At Christmas time 3-4 yrs. ago at the Admiral & Memorial wally world before I could get to my truck. The bums intersecting track towards me had me on high alert, wondering if time to draw was close. It was'nt, then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom