Do you think obama will "try" to take our guns?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you think obama will "try" to take our guns?

• YES

Votes: 162 65.3%
  • NO

Votes: 86 34.7%

• Total voters

Chicago Mike

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't think the right to bear will ever be taken outright from citizens. However, I could see a "luxury" tax or something that would make it increasingly difficult to purchase/own firearms and ammo.

Strangle the right to bear but never snuff it out completely is probably as close as they can get. I could think of a lot more important issues on the President's table at the moment (and in the future).

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't think the right to bear will ever be taken outright from citizens. However, I could see a "luxury" tax or something that would make it increasingly difficult to purchase/own firearms and ammo.

Strangle the right to bear but never snuff it out completely is probably as close as they can get.
I could think of a lot more important issues on the President's table at the moment (and in the future).

I can't.

Woody

shooterdave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Several of you have said that we need to get of the couch now to keep from having to get into the trenches later. My question is this: What can we do that will really be effective and not jet make us look like a bunch of hick rednecks. I do not ask this in jest, I am really serious and concerned. I am a lifetime NRA member, but would be willing to do more. I just don't know what that would be. My reps and senators are all pro gun, so the I can't vote out antis locally. Give me suggestions. Please.

Gideon

Formerly SirROFL
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Several of you have said that we need to get of the couch now to keep from having to get into the trenches later. My question is this: What can we do that will really be effective and not jet make us look like a bunch of hick rednecks. I do not ask this in jest, I am really serious and concerned. I am a lifetime NRA member, but would be willing to do more. I just don't know what that would be. My reps and senators are all pro gun, so the I can't vote out antis locally. Give me suggestions. Please.

The electoral college has been rigged so that we don't count. When you can win the Presidency with 50%+1 of the votes in 10 states, something is wrong.

I would say, get involved as a group in non-government activities. You know, adopt a highway, city renewal projects and such. I've been really glad with the way the firearms community has latched onto things like the Wounded Warrior Project and other active civic groups.

Becoming more self-sufficient as a community/state is not an offensive military operation, like training a militia, and will be useful even if there is never a conflict/fight/societal breakdown for the rest of time. The best kind of political activism is the kind that just circumvents the government.

MadDawg

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Our democracy is 'rigged' so people, not square miles count. If 10 states have millions more citizens then thats the way it is.

I agree community envolvement would greatly enhance the public's opinion on rednecks and guns. Unfortunately for many just carrying concealed is duty enough to the public. I havent heard too many strong 2nd amendment supporters embrace 'tree hugger' concepts that get signs posted along the highway. Gun clubs adopting a part of the highway and getting out picking up trash... not so sure many would do that, heard a few say thats what inmates are for.

Circumventing the government means different things to different people. Criminals do it all the time. We accuse people we dont like of doing it all the time. I remember the whole Hippy thing.

At what point does circumventing the elected government become sedition?

Forming a militia sounds good to some, a dangerous threat to those you wish to curry favor by adopting a highway. perhaps the effort to form the militia would be better spent building a playground in that part of town you wouldnt dare drive in without a weapon.

it does seem rather sad that fear, hate and anger seems to drive the electorate.

Gideon

Formerly SirROFL
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Our democracy is 'rigged' so people, not square miles count. If 10 states have millions more citizens then thats the way it is.

I just find it ironic that the Framers argued for a long time about whether or not the legislature should be based on population or equal among the states, but the electoral college is just about population. Where's our Great Compromise on the electoral college? Anywho, I could go on for days about that...

Anyone have any ideas or who would have the clout to get some kind of civic action going among OK gun owners? Maybe someone in the ORA or NRA?
I may just make my own thread about this later...

otherone

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Obama is not going to try to take our guns away. This is propaganda served up on a big platter of fear. Certain groups prosper by ramping up hysteria on this issue and will, therefore, continue to feed the fire.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No, he is probably not going to try to "take them away" per se, but I would wager that he will try to restrict their availability, as has been done with previous gun control laws.

That in itself is worthy of being plenty afraid of.

I think people generally are not fearful enough about threats to their liberty, including their gun rights.

Latest posts

Top Bottom