Do You Wear an Empty Holster Into No Carry Zones

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do Y Wear An Empty Holster Into Prohibited Buildings

• Never, I take it off and it stays with my firearm

Votes: 24 26.7%
  • Usually, do not take my holster off, just wear it empty

Votes: 44 48.9%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 22 24.4%

• Total voters

Gideon

Formerly SirROFL
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If I have to enter a prohibited location, I take off my gun, holster, belt...and pants.
If I have to go in defenseless it's as bad as being caught with my pants down.

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Empty holster at school says, guilty of firearm in vehicle on premises. Unless of course you walked a couple of blocks.
Empty holster, gun at home. Let them search your vehicle enough times until they give up. You can always tell them the empty holster's a silent protest against their policy of requiring children to remain unprotected.

Does anyone else see a potential business opportunity here? Racks of small coin-op lockers at convenience stores or something similar? Has it already been done?

jsl_pt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since post office was mentioned several times in the comments, just thought I'd add it is currently illegal to even have it in your car on post office property including parking lot. Rand Paul was discussing one of his bills he's introducing today on cspan that would allow post office carry the debate by the antis in the hearing was why inside the post office why not just let the parking lot be exempt.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had understood the Parking Lot at Post Office was exempt, will try to look it up.

Well, will be cancelling my PO Box tomorrow and having my mail forwarded. By my stamps on line or ship UPS. What a crock.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Seems like the post office wants to operate like a Government Agency when it is convenient, and operate like a separate private business when they would like to do otherwise. I hope Rand Paul will pull them off the eligible for Government contract list.

I can not find exactly what I was looking for, but this relates to it as far as the PO parking lot in our Federal jurisdiction area, 10th circuit out of Denver.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/3041657/posts

jsl_pt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seems like the post office wants to operate like a Government Agency when it is convenient, and operate like a separate private business when they would like to do otherwise. I hope Rand Paul will pull them off the eligible for Government contract list.

I can not find exactly what I was looking for, but this relates to it as far as the PO parking lot in our Federal jurisdiction area, 10th circuit out of Denver.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/3041657/posts

hmm yeah that's interesting!

FamousAJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Generally I disarm and leave the holster in my vehicle. Getting sick of it though, thinking about getting something better setup in my vehicle and just leave my holster on.

I do this. I have a spare holster in my vehicle, seems to work out ok. I'm not taking my belt off every time I see a gunbuster sign.

Now with that said, it depends on the place and how I'm carrying. Is it a 7-11 or is it a bank? where is the place someone would make the most fuss...or arouse more attention than I'm willing to get...

I generally frequent the same shady places around town so it isn't much of an issue, now when I go to Tulsa....

Latest posts

Top Bottom