Does anyone know about Rijas out of Claremore?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

otis147

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
the fact that nobody in 4 pages disagrees about the impeccable quality of a rijas firearm should be all the info you need to run out first thing sunday and make the purchase.

seriously, build your own, or buy a complete one, from almost anybody but rijas.

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
does anyone still have the pick of the rifle length gas system with a carbine length free float on it? THat pic should explain everything.

that wasn't them.

My offer to them still stands. They claim 1/2 MOA at 1000 yds with any factory ammo. I will pay $1000 to watch them shoot a 5 shot 1/2" MOA string with a box of Wolf, or even Federal ammo. If they lose, I get the gun they tried it with as a trophy.

AtomicTango

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To the OP: I was once like you, and didn't know much of anything about Rijas. I just never paid attention to them, their prices were too high at first glance so I didn't bother any further than that. What REALLY turned me off to them completely was when I made the mistake of taking .3 seconds to look at something on their table as I was passing by. All of a sudden some dude who sounds like a snake oil salesman is blabbering on about guaranteed this, and sub MOA that, straight up heckling a me about how I was an idiot if I bought anything from anyone else. Thankfully I was able to bail out to Shootin 4 Fun's tables, right across the isle, where he filled me in on their ramshackle business practices.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The first time I saw or heard of Rijas was at a gun show. My first thought was "oh cool, a local company building AR's and such". I always like to support local gun businesses when I can so I walked over and was looking at their booth. I was looking at their display gun and the various other things at the booth and listening to the crazy claims they were making but the smell of BS was overwhelming so I had to just walk away. I never gave them another thought until reading other peoples horror stories of dealing with them on various local forums. IMO they are a scam company but that's just my opinion.

I really feel sorry for the people that get taken by these guys. I can't believe they are still around but I guess they lure enough people in to stay afloat unfortunately. Last month I saw a rifle on Armslist that they said was some kind of super rifle (Del-ton I think) made by Rijas and capable of 1000 yard shoots at blah blah blah. He wanted over $1000 for this gun and I imagine he learned the hard way that you can crap in a box and stamp it guaranteed but when its all said and done all you have is a guaranteed box of crap.

Dude, if you are legitimately wondering if they are on the up and up all you have to do is stop and consider all the claims they made and do a little research to see if they meet up to facts. I bet the military would love to get their hands on these super rifles that can shoot MOA at 1000 yards...if they existed, I wonder why they haven't? Just let your brain be your guide and if after researching their claims you think they are legitimate then, by all means, pony up and buy one. Personally I'd love to see one of these Rijas rifles put to the test and all the data put up for all to see.

berserk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Was at the show yesterday, I avoided the Rijias table like the PLAGUE!!! Seriously dont make eye contact with them! My advice, go to Fat Boy Tactical, Sooner State Pawn, Cold Hand Arms, hell even Wallyworld or Academy and get a COLT and never look back. BTW the show was DEAD, but I scored a nice 870 :)

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The reasons you shouldn't buy from Rijas abound but here are some that came to me in a matter of seconds:

1. They are liars, if they lie to you on the first encounter how can you trust their warranty? (Would you buy a car from a dealer who lied to you?)
2. They have no clue what they are selling is capable of in terms of accuracy, yet make wild guarantees. Or they do know and guarantee anyway.
3. You can buy a way better gun (Colt, S&W, Sig Sauer) for less money at your local Walmart
4. That gun(Colt, S&W, Sig Sauer) at Walmart still carries a limited lifetime warranty
5. Their prices are too high, on everything, not just AR's.

I think the member who mentioned rhino sex earlier probably said it best though.

How did firing rounds down barrels at -273 C come into this discussion? Does Rijas seriously tell people that the rifles are fired with the barrels at -273 C?

The barrels may be cryotreated but there is no doubt in my mind that no barrel manufacturer in any part of their quality program sends live rounds, or any kind of rounds for that matter through a barrel at Cryotreat temps. To do so would be idiotic at best and suicidal at worst.

YES. They personally told me that they take their barrels down to -273 C in order to harden and make them more accurate.

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To the OP: I was once like you, and didn't know much of anything about Rijas. I just never paid attention to them, their prices were too high at first glance so I didn't bother any further than that. What REALLY turned me off to them completely was when I made the mistake of taking .3 seconds to look at something on their table as I was passing by. All of a sudden some dude who sounds like a snake oil salesman is blabbering on about guaranteed this, and sub MOA that, straight up heckling a me about how I was an idiot if I bought anything from anyone else. Thankfully I was able to bail out to Shootin 4 Fun's tables, right across the isle, where he filled me in on their ramshackle business practices.

They are arrogant pricks. Did you see the sign they had up that said "You can go to Wal-Mart for cheaper rifles". GEEZ!!!!

Hoov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This...

mating-black-rhinos.jpg

doorgunner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why don't we all meet up at a gun show one day, barrage their table with common sense, and stand back and watch them trip all over their own stupidity. Hell, we could even all pitch in, get a table right next to this douche bag's, put up a OKSHOOTERS banner, call it a membership drive/info booth, and stear everybody clear of this guy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom