Doomsday Castle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There's nothing left if you do that ... :grumble: I didn't even make it through the mudfight last night ... went off and watched yet another rerun of Strike Back instead. At least I can learn how to deal with the bad guys over there ... :P

Tried to watch an episode a few months back, couldn't through it.
Got caught up on "Hell on Wheels" last night before "Duck Dynasty". "Strike Back" tonight. Hard to get a fix on just 1 episode, easier to record and then watch 4-5 when I want.

"Duck Dynasty" is getting more and more 'family' tragedy, stress, drama, feud, but Si cracks me up. The rest of the 'redneck' crap is a total waste. Don't see how anybody can sit through 'Tickle', 'Porter Hill', 'Honey Boo Boo', 'Shelby'. :eek2:

'Body of Proof' episode Friday night made numerous references to watching 'Doomsday Prepper Wars' and how to deal with their catastrophe. :laughup:

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tried to watch an episode a few months back, couldn't through it.
Got caught up on "Hell on Wheels" last night before "Duck Dynasty". "Strike Back" tonight. Hard to get a fix on just 1 episode, easier to record and then watch 4-5 when I want.

"Duck Dynasty" is getting more and more 'family' tragedy, stress, drama, feud, but Si cracks me up. The rest of the 'redneck' crap is a total waste. Don't see how anybody can sit through 'Tickle', 'Porter Hill', 'Honey Boo Boo', 'Shelby'. :eek2:

'Body of Proof' episode Friday night made numerous references to watching 'Doomsday Prepper Wars' and how to deal with their catastrophe. :laughup:

Ohhhhhh ... I've got Body of Proof DVR'd ... I'll have to check it out! Thanks!!

Wheel Gun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know very little about building castles and fortifications, but it seems like finishing the roof, doors and windows would come before building catapults and tree houses. Obviously, I have much to learn.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My first thought was "That's no castle!"
After watching the one episode I sat through to the end I'd be surprised is a strong wind didn't blow it over.
And the apparent inbreeding that's taking place makes me think someone else would take it over in short order if SHTF.

But back to the question I had does anyone really consider a bunker (castle) out in the open a smart option?
It seems like an open invitation to come try and take it.
Wouldn't a more discreet approach make more sense.?

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Yes, it absolutely would. absolutely. in a SHTF scenario, the fewer people that know about your bug-out bunker location the better. If I had one, I wouldn't tell a soul other than my wife about it.

Fact is, any home be it a castle, hardened bunker - whatever - can be overtaken. The best defense is minimizing the potential for invasion.

Calling this place a castle is an insult to the true castles of the world.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At first I thought it was cool because when they said "castle" but I apparently envisioned way, way too much. Most of it is cinder block and rusty rebar, I'm no engineer but I have seen, with my own eyes, the results of building something really slowly and watching the finished half fall apart as the second half was being built (it was a house this guy was trying to build cheaply over a couple years and using tarps and such to try and protect the parts he had finished). When they showed this guys castle and I could see several spots where the wood he had inside unprotected from rain was already rotting. Still I was kind of rooting for him at first but after watching a few episodes it just seemed really unorganized and haphazardly built.

The last episode I could force myself to watch was the one where they were trying to build a drawbridge which seemed odd without a moat. It was terrible, the dad was running around in his cammo's giving instructions and getting mad at his kids for making mistakes while his own designs and construction are completely flawed. When his kid built the battering ram out of a mini-tractor and then almost got himself injured or killed while even the kids with me watching the show are saying "holy cow that thing is going to bounce off the door and probably flip over on him!" I had to call the show quits.

If these TV stations wanted a castle AND real entertainment they'd make a show where they bet a group of rednecks that they can't build an authentic castle in 3 months or something. I guarantee that they would get a better castle and a whole lot more entertainment plus they could pay them in beer, pork rinds and beef jerky. What Discovery Channel has yet to discover is that rednecks are the best source of ingenuity and entertainment available anywhere. If you have a project that a room full of engineers can't figure out add a group of rednecks or one redneck engineer and your project will get done. It might not look exactly like you wanted but it will work. (Can you tell I was raised in a redneck environment?) LOL

Latest posts

Top Bottom