dpms panther lite 16

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
69 grains, to answer the question on bullet weight.

If I wanted to shoot deer with a 224 bullet, Id get some barnes-x solids and reload them.
I took many deer with those back in the day.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OMG, a DPMS w/an EOTech....that is the worst, how the hell do you live with yourself with those non-milspec parts:eek:

:ooh2: Yeah, I have one of those evil DPMS rifles too. Mine is the REALLY total crap version that doesn't have a forward assist or a dust cover. I've even gone so far as to stoop to the level of dirt and put a $42 scope on it. I've decided that I've disgraced the AR gods by carrying out these hideous crimes and have put myself in detention. :lmfao:

jroberts1968

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
im in the market for an ar and have read all kinds of stuff about the dpms. from what ive found, its the cheapest priced ar. but, as the saying goes, you get what you pay for. can anyone give me a heads up on this rifle? i plan to use it for hunting and i only want to add a scope and bi pod. i just need a gun that will hit what i aim at and be reliable.

There is nothing wrong with DPMS Gun guys are Like Harley Guys if you aint got a 10k AR or 35K Harley you suck. The truth is this 90% of accuracy is the guy shooting the weapon. I live by that. Yes I know that that statement is broad and some will find it inaccurate as they will say the DPMS and any mid to low end production gun. I have been to many matches with guys that have 6-8 k in optics mounts and every other trick of trade and they still lose. I have seen guys with M-4 worn to **** hit buys at 400yrds and I have a buddy with a POF mounted ACOG TA31 firing Hornaby Tap that can't hit **** if his life depended on it. he likes to think his life does:comfort: I have a friend that bought a XD 9mm with the match barrel that could not hit paper at 25yards no really. He looked at me and **** this gun sucks. My doaghter that shoots with her daddy grabbed it and put 7 rounds in a 4" group. He was pissed. What I trying to say is buy what you like and starte shooting find out what the gun is about shoot shoot then shoot some more. You find with every 50 rounds you will become more accurate. :thumbup3:
P.S. Mountain Biking and rod bikes are the same way. I have buddies with 5k mountain bikes that cant stay up on two wheels.

Josh-L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Josh-L had to puke after seeing that

I thought you weren't going to post anymore???

You must have also missed were I told him to buy one.

You also realize that Eotechs have some mil contracts so saying I prefer Aimpoints only because the mil uses them is retarded right?

And for someone who hates "the other side" so much why do you have a pic of a Noveske with an Aimpoint in your sig line?

jroberts1968

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
:ooh2: Yeah, I have one of those evil DPMS rifles too. Mine is the REALLY total crap version that doesn't have a forward assist or a dust cover. I've even gone so far as to stoop to the level of dirt and put a $42 scope on it. I've decided that I've disgraced the AR gods by carrying out these hideous crimes and have put myself in detention. :lmfao:

That DPMS is called the Lo-Profile model. It was designed for the civi market and some me included would tell you it is one very nice well made upper. cas in point I had purchased a 5.45 S/W upper. The tolerances were so out at the pins that with my dial indicator the I had 1/32 of play, I purchased the Lo Pro and it fits perfect. Now to be fair i tried the the SW on 4 lowers. Just buy what you like and shoot it.

Then ask why an AR needed that door in the first place and like the gas system it do to design issues. The guns a jammamatics..... I own plenty of them and love to play with them, but the design sucks.

[Broken External Image]

jcbarlow

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought you weren't going to post anymore???

You must have also missed were I told him to buy one.

You also realize that Eotechs have some mil contracts so saying I prefer Aimpoints only because the mil uses them is retarded right?

And for someone who hates "the other side" so much why do you have a pic of a Noveske with an Aimpoint in your sig line?

I couldn't resist. I don't hate the "other side." I consider myself to be an open minded guy, there is a ton of good stuff out there. Noveske makes some very high quality guns, aimpoints are top notch as well. I am not one sided at all, I just have a problem with close-minded thinking.

jroberts1968

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes I agree there is very nice and very ok, I just think a lot of buyers get lost in the keeping up with the jones and loose track of the fun of shooting and building one. You ask what MIL SPEC means and you get different answers and in today's manufacturing market I sometimes think the manufacturers have there own idea of mil spec and have issues reading a micrometer. Thats why I like the AK it's ment to look and shoot like oit was made in an cave

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That DPMS is called the Lo-Profile model. It was designed for the civi market and some me included would tell you it is one very nice well made upper. cas in point I had purchased a 5.45 S/W upper. The tolerances were so out at the pins that with my dial indicator the I had 1/32 of play, I purchased the Lo Pro and it fits perfect. Now to be fair i tried the the SW on 4 lowers. Just buy what you like and shoot it.

Then ask why an AR needed that door in the first place and like the gas system it do to design issues. The guns a jammamatics..... I own plenty of them and love to play with them, but the design sucks.

[Broken External Image]

Yep, it's the "Lo Pro Classic" with the 16" heavy barrel. I also had the Lite 16 but sold it to my brother. They (DPMS) work fine for me. They put bullets out the front like the other ones and for those of us that don't lust after the AR platform they are plenty sufficient.

jroberts1968

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep, it's the "Lo Pro Classic" with the 16" heavy barrel. I also had the Lite 16 but sold it to my brother. They (DPMS) work fine for me. They put bullets out the front like the other ones and for those of us that don't lust after the AR platform they are plenty sufficient.

I really like the receiver over the standard I think it is a cool look and lets face it thats what it is all about in our minds. Cause I carry a ak74 as my truck gun.

Latest posts

Top Bottom