Drivers license advice..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Its all a joke.

I went to a tag office in another town to get my license renewed and do the real ID thing.

Local joint said I had to get in line etc etc.

Office in next town said come on in, I did, in and out in 15 with all my documents for the real ID, had the real ID in my mail box 8 days later.

Oklahoma tag offices are for the most part a remnant of the good ole buddy system IMO.
Amen.. 21st w in Tulsa is a Inhofe family sham complete and total!!!

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This problem feels so "west coast", although not currently an issue Washington has...it's exactly the kind of bull **** I left to get away from. How frustrating.
I'll try what's been suggested. Walk-in at a rural office. I've found that trick to work with other .gov licensing offices in the past. For instance, applying for CPL renewal from urban sheriff's office rather than Seattle downtown king county.
I don't think king county nor Seattle police have issued CPLs since covid started since fingerprinting is closed for the sake of social distancing. I had a bunch of employees I needed to get fingerprinted for a clearance, we ended up just not doing it.

I also remember how great WA DOL was before the Californacation. In and out in 30 min

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife is finally getting her TX license swapped over this next week to an OK license. She already has a TX Real ID license but she can't get the OK DL at a tag agent office. She has to go to a DPS office. It's all but impossible to do that in Ada and they don't take appts there. She's driving to MacAlester for hers.

I was going to renew my CDL...which also has to be done at a DPS office. I'm never gonna use it again so I said screw that and just downgraded to a standard DL...done at the Ada tag office in about 10 mins.
I had a class A CDL in Ks and it transferred to OKin 1999 when I moved back It has been transferring along with my motorcycle ever since. Haven't touched a bike in 25 years.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm in Tulsa. My Washington DL expires this month, and I didn't think too much about the complications of getting my license transfered. According to the interwebs, both of Tulsa's locations are already booked up 60 days.(by appt only)
Mon-Fri of course, which means taking a day off work to go try a walk-in office in one of the surrounding areas. I've also read recently that lots of people are getting turned away at local offices even when arriving prior to opening hrs.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Drive over to the Osage county office across the river from Ponca City and be done in about 20 minutes, no appointment necessary.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can't for the life of me figure out why people insist they comply with that "real ID".

It is expected of me to hand over each and every piece of my personal information to someone that isn't even part of local or state government?

So they can copy it and file it away in a private owned business?

So I can what exactly?

Fly on commercial flights? Please they keep moving the date more and more each time the discussion comes up.

Or I can enter a federal building? Look if you wont allow me entry it stands to logic that as a citizen I dont need to be there?

You already dont get your license immediately as you used to, it took 3 weeks to get it, which to me says that someone out there is getting a kickback off this compliance crap.
Just use your passport.

Adhdferret

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Just use your passport.
No, I live in America and refuse to keep jumping through hoops for them, and spend my money to make their jobs easier.

The system will accommodate me, as the citizen I am.

All of these do this, do that, buy a passport, let some random person at a tag agency photocopy your birth certificate, marriage license, and whatever else they feel like.

Or pay for some booklet that I won't use for its intended purpose which is to enter other countries.

If they gave you passports for free? Perhaps, but they don't.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No, I live in America and refuse to keep jumping through hoops for them, and spend my money to make their jobs easier.

The system will accommodate me, as the citizen I am.

All of these do this, do that, buy a passport, let some random person at a tag agency photocopy your birth certificate, marriage license, and whatever else they feel like.

Or pay for some booklet that I won't use for its intended purpose which is to enter other countries.

If they gave you passports for free? Perhaps, but they don't.
We have passports because we both had to travel internationally on occasion for our jobs before retiring and my time in the military. We also travel to foreign countries for vacations.
Unfortunately, the system is progressing toward the point where it will not accommodate you. You will have to accommodate the system. Right or wrong, that is the way it is headed, and we can't stop it.
It's not the way you or I wish it would in a utopian society, but in reality, with the open borders, do we not need a way to ID people coming across to see if they are good people we want in our country?
Other countries that do control their borders want the same internal security for their citizens.
A lot of people are content to stay in their local area for their entire lives which is awesome. No issues from me for doing that.
Others wish to venture out and see the world. They need that passport and, in some cases, the Real ID.
I could be wrong, but most states require every citizen within that state to have a real ID. Oklahoma was one of the last hold outs. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Latest posts

Top Bottom