Drivers license advice..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Whatever you guys do, don’t go to Shawnee DPS. Reading this thread reminded me I need to renew my license in two months. Going online to book an appointment. Everybody is booked out. Guess I should’ve done it some months back. Anyways I get to Shawnee this morning and it’s not open. Matter fact, the buildings all tore up. And so is the airport next to it. All the little hangers are bust it up to include the tower all down on the ground Turns out the tornado back in April hit it. But it’s not updated online saying it’s closed.

I ended up making an appointment in Clinton in order to get my CDL. This is a pain in the keister. I guess I’m just going to get a regular Oklahoma license again. Four years ago I didn’t bother getting a real ID. I don’t really see a need for it. I haven’t been on a plane since 99. I have a military ID so I can still get on base.

I think it’s kind of Nazi like requiring people to have a federal real ID card just a flight between states in the event they wanted to. I know this went into affect under George W. Bush, but this is some shady democrat feeling type of thing. My Spidey sense feel there’s something wrong with it.
What really sucks for some women is that they have to provide proof of identity if they have been married multiple times with a name change.
We have a high maintenance friend that has had 4 husbands. When she has to apply, there has to be court records from birth to each divorce, name change, and marriage records.
She opted to keep her passport and renew the standard license, but one of these days, it's going to be a requirement.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What really sucks for some women is that they have to provide proof of identity if they have been married multiple times with a name change.
We have a high maintenance friend that has had 4 husbands. When she has to apply, there has to be court records from birth to each divorce, name change, and marriage records.
She opted to keep her passport and renew the standard license, but one of these days, it's going to be a requirement.

For "some" women. The wife has been married 3 times and none of that applied to her. Basic required documentation is all. Of course they really had no way of knowing of past marriages and name changes to begin with.

OneMoreEvan

This is bowling, there are rules. MARK IT ZERO
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here in Norman, I got to the license place at 0530 and the line was already wrapped around the building, and I ended up standing by the dumpster for the better part of 3 hours. If you go to a walk-in place, make sure to get there extremely early. Make sure you have everything with you, they seem to look for reasons to turn people away there. Other than that, make sure you have all day free because they'll probably give you a number and you'll have to come back later that same day.

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Try the Jenks, Glenpool or Bixby tag agencies.
I'll second the Jenks Tag Agency. I am the driver for Physical Therapy of Jenks, which is next door. I went over early one day (I drive for them in the afternoons after driving for Broken arrow PT in the mornings) and got my Real ID licenses during my lunch break--now my lunch break was a houn and a half that day, but it was time well spent.

Two Gun Warrior

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have you been to reality? Who is going on Vacation right now?

Much less Alaska or Hawaii. They are currently repo 100 cars a night in NY. People are defaulting on loans. All them stimulus payments. Used to get a used car.

Millions of these, if you are in okc, Lawton, or Tulsa...oh you in Tulsa you saw them if you know what I mean.

It was all those annual paper tags people had there for a while, and you paid that 276 on a 1y old car because that is what you do.

I do well, and 6 dollar a gallon milk kinda stings my man, but I would rather think my money stays local.

That aint just me and you see 3 dollar a head lettuce, and 79c a lb bananas? So get with the program...man!

I want you to understand this, 2500 dollars roughly wife and I spent to get set up growing our own vegetables, got a pretty sweet set up.

But we doing this for a few people, wanna help our direct neighbors, middle of the city.

140,000 I made last year, and now...2023 I am paid up enough that we got a fixer upper.

Wife, me, teenager and 2 awsome dogs.

We are comfortable from we once had a fire spread to our apartment. No money for savings, 80,000 a year gross. 1200 a month rent. 2bdrm 2 bath **** hole of an apartment. Gun shots July to August.

I held a mofo at gunpoint once, because my kid is white and that one's gf liked him more. Word for word what he said.

That what is left over is substantial.

You think that circumstance is common? Like people you see on the road, driving around doing people things?

This was rambling I know, but I really hope you inflected a bit of some meaning there.

I will still say that I couldn't afford to jet off from Oklahoma to Alaska or Hawaii with my family with what I make. When common income is 32,000 Oklahoma 28,944 as of 2020.
I do! And the flights are booked. I appreciate that you protect and take care of your family and help neighbors. You have talked about other places you have worked. So why live in a sheethole city where it cost so much and all the problems. I lived in a big city a couple times no more. I am retired with about half as much coming in. I live on 66 acres with a nice house and can afford to travel. I am sorry for your troubles.

Last edited:

Adhdferret

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
I do! And the flights are booked. I appreciate that you protect and take care of your family and help neighbors. You have talked about other places you have worked. So why live in a sheethole city where it cost so much and all the problems. I lived in a big city a couple times no more. I am retired with about half as much coming in. I live on 66 acres with a nice house and can afford to travel. I am sorry for your troubles.
Na, ain't trouble. Here is the deal, I lived that country life, hour and 45min 1 way to Walmart.

Not to say there wasn't other options closer, but you get how out of the way we were. 20min to nearest town.

Did it for 5 years in PA. It isnt much better out there in the sticks when you get to looking. Property crime is skyrocketing. Used to be Percocet Possums I called them, Fentyl ferrets what they are now.

I guarantee that lots of those people that die out there, left for days....na. That aint my kinda idea of freedom.

Seems like seclusion to me, Plus you always gonna have that one out there. They make sure you know why they are such a way....I hate that drama.

Plus BBQ with the neighbors, walk my dogs on nice manicured path, meet more locals, have that community aspect back, Del City is like that now, these 30 somethings with careers started when rona became a thing.

They are buying houses...these are financial stable, fly an American flag on the porch kinda people.

Plus they all for the most part are child free, so no bored angry teenagers wandering for a while.

However, that bad element is still there, it won't be much longer, cops got funding, fire department has new trucks.

All the stop lights work now. Best part...everything you could ever want is right there. Even down by that arts thing by the river.

Bricktown, things these young ones like doing. Or...it doesn't. I think it might because I am hopeful. Wife and I want to make our castle.

990sq ft. She smol, but yard is half a football field it seems...maybe a tad over a quarter. That is why no Vaca for us.

Two Gun Warrior

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Na, ain't trouble. Here is the deal, I lived that country life, hour and 45min 1 way to Walmart.

Not to say there wasn't other options closer, but you get how out of the way we were. 20min to nearest town.

Did it for 5 years in PA. It isnt much better out there in the sticks when you get to looking. Property crime is skyrocketing. Used to be Percocet Possums I called them, Fentyl ferrets what they are now.

I guarantee that lots of those people that die out there, left for days....na. That aint my kinda idea of freedom.

Seems like seclusion to me, Plus you always gonna have that one out there. They make sure you know why they are such a way....I hate that drama.

Plus BBQ with the neighbors, walk my dogs on nice manicured path, meet more locals, have that community aspect back, Del City is like that now, these 30 somethings with careers started when rona became a thing.

They are buying houses...these are financial stable, fly an American flag on the porch kinda people.

Plus they all for the most part are child free, so no bored angry teenagers wandering for a while.

However, that bad element is still there, it won't be much longer, cops got funding, fire department has new trucks.

All the stop lights work now. Best part...everything you could ever want is right there. Even down by that arts thing by the river.

Bricktown, things these young ones like doing. Or...it doesn't. I think it might because I am hopeful. Wife and I want to make our castle.

990sq ft. She smol, but yard is half a football field it seems...maybe a tad over a quarter. That is why no Vaca for us.
I think I see now, your name kind of explains it. Ferret is a trouble maker, so you are a attention deficit, hyper active trouble maker just tryin to start trouble and argue. You have a Northeastern attitude looking down on good honest country folk, that you know nothing about.

Adhdferret

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
I think I see now, your name kind of explains it. Ferret is a trouble maker, so you are a attention deficit, hyper active trouble maker just tryin to start trouble and argue. You have a Northeastern attitude looking down on good honest country folk, that you know nothing about.
What? Looking down on them? No I dispise the rampant drug use within the rural areas of this country.

Sweet Jesus, does the people here always have such a thing for a person who is discussing?

So many here looking for an enemy within each aspect of their interactions with others. That is similar in ways to our country living experience as well....they didn't know you, they don't want to know you.

I was born and raised within OK. This place is odd (site) in that if i dont embrace tribalism and distain for anything other than American football and apple pie, I am an unsavory element.

Look at you insinuating a mental health disorder on me. Why would you do that to someone on a public forum?

It doesn't hurt my feelings, it just shows me how inhumane you are...or how little you interact with anyone outside of this site.

You can laugh, point me out, but people....real people, they generally tend to like me, because I attempt not to judge them till I know their Character.

Certainly never directly insinuate a mental disorder.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
Years ago I took my 16 year old granddaughter to get here first drivers license. We went to the facility on 21st street in wast Tulsa. I parked in an open space, and she went in to take her test. This Barney Fife type jerk, that worked there came up to me and started eating my ass out like a drill sargent. It seems someone had moved a parking cone, that had been blocking this parking space. I'm not in the Army, and don't have to allow anyone to disrespect me like that. I kinda got back at him, told him to kiss this fat mans ass, He went in and talked to the person that was riding with my grand daughter, and they FAILED her because I pissed this jerk off! I later took her to the one in east Tulsa, and she passed with no problem! Some people can't handle a little authority, I guess?

Latest posts

Top Bottom