Dropped homeowners insurance!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stepper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got a letter today that State Farm was dropping us from our homeowners insurance effective next month. We just filed a claim because we had a break in few months ago. We filed a claim in 2011 that they didn't pay (denied), for weather damage, and then they did a claim in 2012 for roof damage, but it was only $2,800.
Wow, a little shocked. I guess you're not supposed to file claims!
Guess I'll be calling around for homeowners insurance now.

1krr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
State Farm is horrible. In two separate times I've used them, I've had problems. They are happy to collect your money to sell you a service but when it comes time to deliver that service, they will fight you tooth and nail. If you have state farm, get to know a lawyer because you are going to need them.

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
State Farm is horrible. In two separate times I've used them, I've had problems. They are happy to collect your money to sell you a service but when it comes time to deliver that service, they will fight you tooth and nail. If you have state farm, get to know a lawyer because you are going to need them.

Amen and Amen. Farmers jacked my car and homeowners insurance rates by 24% and 31% respectively AFTER we had 2" hail here 5 yrs ago. They sent an independent appraiser out who quickly decided we needed a new roof. Mind you we had NEVER had a single claim on the home or cars in 9 yrs with them. After the roof was installed Farmers wanted to do a "follow up" as they called it to see if we were satisfied with them. The lady showed up, and wanted permission to look on the roof. We allowed her to do so. Afterward she told us they had not been satisfied with the appraiser's work at some other sights in our neighborhood. Come to find out at a homeowners mtg 2 other homeowners did NOT get new roofs even though the same appraiser that did ours recommended it. We had saved a bunch of the hail in our freezer. I showed them to both the lady and the appraiser. The lady also visited the other 2 people too and told them a mistake had been made by the appraiser on our roof and that they were not going to get the necessary repairs the appraiser had recommended. I had the lady's business card so I called her after talking to the other 2 homeowners. I told her had I known what she had done I would have never let her on our roof. She hung up on me. One month later we received the notice of rate increases as of the next renewal date. We dropped them immediately and went to AAA. They have been wonderful to work with. Much better rates than Farmers was charging before the roof hiatus. Moral of the story Just as the above person has stated. The big boys want your money but don't like to pay up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom