Dropped homeowners insurance!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stepper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, if I'm trying to get another company to use, do I tell them I was dropped by State Farm? Do I keep the letter they sent me to fax them or tell them about it? I didn't even know I did anything wrong. Wow. The crazy thing is that they haven't even paid for the claim I have submitted for the break in at the house yet. They keep saying they need more info. I wonder if I can drop the claim, and they would keep us insured?

chazroh

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Usually most bigger companies won't insure you if a big company dropped you, you can re apply to them after 3 years of when the first claim was filed, it should drop off and you can get quotes. I recently had a customer file a third claim and State Farm dropped them, his insurance went from $2100-$6000 yearly.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
State Farm did the same thing to us for 2 claims.. 1 break-in and 1 roof and it was over 5 years apart.
I just as soon crack their heads open as to have to use them.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We had State Farm for years. Denied our roof had hail damage and we dropped them. We have had Farmers, but never filed a claim w/them. Had Okla Farm Bureau and they paid for a new roof years later after hail damage. They were the best comp. to date, till they didn't renew the next year (heard a lot of Okla also). I will never have SF or Farmers ever again...

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been shopping for home and auto recently because our premiums just keep going up. Haven't changed yet but, so far, I have been most impressed with Allstate. YMMV.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The vast majority of large multi line insurers don't want home owners business in Oklahoma any longer. Especially the western half of the state. Rates were increased to entice people to drop them. The business is too costly so they're actively reducing the book of business here. This is just what soonersfan alluded to.

I know it's frustrating for home owners but it's a cost of living here. The same policies in California are literally about one third the cost as here for similar properties.

Latest posts

Top Bottom