Facebook Market Place is Very Antigun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A couple years ago, I tried to advertise my pasture mowing and food plot service on Marketplace, and it got taken down for violating some policy. :anyone:

Reaction score
For the most part I’ve noticed Craigslist, FB marketplace, and Armslist are overloaded with flippers. Sometimes you sell an item and haven’t even made it home before it’s posted for sale with different pictures at 1.5x what you just sold it for. I’ve flipped a few items, but I did the flip work and actually restored or refurbished said thing; generally I learn a new skill, expand the tool rack a bit, and after all that maybe break even financially or come out slightly ahead. The knowledge gained is more valuable by fair

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been selling some items on Marketplace for a few weeks now. Their antigun policies are crazy. I posted some plastic ammo boxes and got a notice that they took it off for violating their policies. I did a search on there and found somebody selling the same ammo boxes. Later that day I got a message that they reviewed and approved my listing. I posted a rifle scope on there and they removed it. I did a search and found rifle scopes on there for sale. Today I listed a set of NRA dvds and got a notice that they violated their policies also. Anybody interested in a set of deadly dvds?

You have to be creative with your post Ads. Like freedom seed container. Seeds in 9, 40 and 45.

Or for the scope listed as “freedom seed magnification tube”. Look at all the wildlife up close in the fall

nNRAa Patriotic videos of Historic moments in time.

I bet you’d probably be able to sneak through that way. FB has A.I. that automatically picks up on certain words. You have to get creative to defeat it. Misspelling, Adding letters or spaces Throws a wrench in what the damn AI computers looking for

Also, if you have multiple pictures, just put a random picture to start off with it. It has nothing to do with anything. Make sure the pictures are not full pictures, but just parts Of the item. Make it where anyone of us would know what it is, but the average person might not. That will also help defeat the algorithm

Last edited:

CPT Gene Mauch

You gotta creep
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been trying to sell something on FB for several months, it's been hilarious.

I'd say about 90% of the messages I get are just people demanding my address. 50% or so of those people live several states away, if their profiles can be trusted.

It's wild out there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom