Family Says Moore Police Beat Father To Death

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not going to comment on the beating or death... bad situation, and I have personally dealt with several individuals whom I believe might have died had they been allowed to continue to struggle or from the necessary means to hold them down. I have no doubt. Luckily, when these individuals are in MY presence, I often have the means to defuse the situation chemically - police in a parking lot don't have that option.

I'm wondering about the cell phone. Who took it, under what rationale, where is it now, and what due process should be used to get it back? As we all know, the 1st is protected by the 2nd, but as we all know, the 2nd is highly regulated and infringed. What process was undertaken in the infringement of the 1st in this case? In other cases? In the future what can we do about it? As many have said, there are bad apples and good apples, and we all know the bad apples show themselves in times of stress, it can be difficult to obtain the proof necessary to weed them out of the system. I am a firm believer that the general public isn't educated or experienced enough in some matters to be a fair jury, but suppressing evidence isn't going to help maintain an appearance of openness, communication and willingness to learn, adapt and improve - IF that is indeed what happened.

Sad to see it came to this, but I do know why it sometimes happens.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Jesse Jackson In OKC To Support Family Of Man Who Died In Police Custody

OKLAHOMA CITY - Jesse Jackson is scheduled to lead a march in downtown Oklahoma City Tuesday in support of the family of Robin Howard.
Howard died while in police custody. Last summer, police say he ran when they tried to pull him over. Police say they used approved techniques to restrain him, but Howard’s rib was broken in the struggle. Howard later died after that broken rib punctured a lung. The OKC Police Department didn't notify Howard’s family of his death until four days after he died.

11/4/2012 Related Story: Family, Friends Hold Vigil For OK Man Who Died In Police Custody

Police and the district attorney’s office investigated and found no wrongdoing by the police officers.

However, Howard’s family wants information about the police department investigation made public. They also want the officers involved in the incident taken off the street.

http://www.news9.com/story/21714816...man-who-died-in-police-custody?source=related

Over a year after it happened and NOW he wants to lead a march?

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not going to comment on the beating or death... bad situation, and I have personally dealt with several individuals whom I believe might have died had they been allowed to continue to struggle or from the necessary means to hold them down. I have no doubt. Luckily, when these individuals are in MY presence, I often have the means to defuse the situation chemically - police in a parking lot don't have that option.

I'm wondering about the cell phone. Who took it, under what rationale, where is it now, and what due process should be used to get it back? As we all know, the 1st is protected by the 2nd, but as we all know, the 2nd is highly regulated and infringed. What process was undertaken in the infringement of the 1st in this case? In other cases? In the future what can we do about it? As many have said, there are bad apples and good apples, and we all know the bad apples show themselves in times of stress, it can be difficult to obtain the proof necessary to weed them out of the system. I am a firm believer that the general public isn't educated or experienced enough in some matters to be a fair jury, but suppressing evidence isn't going to help maintain an appearance of openness, communication and willingness to learn, adapt and improve - IF that is indeed what happened.

Sad to see it came to this, but I do know why it sometimes happens.

Careful Doc...you're starting to sound more like an attorney than a Doc. Is JB rubbing off on ya?

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
as god is my witness some of you guys are absolutely the dullest things since butter knives ...

The harder i try to leave this threads here and let you guys discuss social issues that are pertinent, the more determined some of you become to make complete fools of yourselves and muck it up for the rest of us ...

You, sir, enjoy your ban ...

The rest of you ... If you can discuss like adults and not go out of your way to take stabs at the fine men and women who are law enforcement officers by lumping them in with those who are have no business wearing a badge, without knowing the full story behind what happened here, please feel free to talk ... Otherwise i can lock it up now ...

with the idiocy flowing around here today, you'd probably do yourself and everyone else a favor to lock it up.

this!!!!!!!!

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The officers had no right to take the cell phone.

This.

While there may be more to the story, this is what we know now. This is why so many people do not trust police officers. The handful of bad ones make them all look bad.

And this.

My bet is the video (if there was one) will disappear. It doesn't just happen at the hands of officers either, for what it's worth...

underpar

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is an unfortunate incident involving a "few" over zealous officers. Without the whole story, one can only speculate as to the circumstances as to what actually went down. In my opinion, until LEOs are held to the same standard that we sheeple are, these scenarios will continue to play out. If memory serves, the 3 jack's that beat (disabled) officer Perry (RIP) are all serving extensive sentences in the state pen. I'm sure those three didn't get paid leave from their job as the investigation was conducted. Pretty sure they were in the clink awaiting arraignment.

Mitch Rapp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
This.

And this.

My bet is the video (if there was one) will disappear. It doesn't just happen at the hands of officers either, for what it's worth...

And if everything was all fair and legal, then some people should still lose their jobs for the the taking of the phone, and erasing EVIDENCE (IF the officers did, I don't put it past "citizens" to erase a video showing a dude fighting with cops and then getting what he deserved just so they can claim victim status)

IF there was a video and IF it was erased by the authorities then I will assume the worst may well be true in this instance, you don't erase evidence that proves you acted properly.

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is an unfortunate incident involving a "few" over zealous officers. Without the whole story, one can only speculate as to the circumstances as to what actually went down. In my opinion, until LEOs are held to the same standard that we sheeple are, these scenarios will continue to play out. If memory serves, the 3 jack's that beat (disabled) officer Perry (RIP) are all serving extensive sentences in the state pen. I'm sure those three didn't get paid leave from their job as the investigation was conducted. Pretty sure they were in the clink awaiting arraignment.

I like how you said, without the whole story, and then pass judgment on the cops. That was neat.

Foghorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Doesn't it say in the article that a lawyer said police can sieze the phone as evidence?

Im not sure the article I'm seeing is the same one as earlier when this was posted, the link goes to the main page and the only article on there is about the phone not the allegations.

Found another article on a newsok, seems we're only hearing one side of this, I'll wait to hear more before jumping in. Too many questions, no answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom