Feral hogs on the deer lease

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My son & I have a deer lease near Perry that we have used about 7 years. My son placed a cell phone-linked game camera this year which has resulted in our first sighting of feral hogs on this property. My question is how best to deal with these when one gets in range. Not particularly interested in processing for meat, just dealing with the problem. I guess the coyotes & buzzards have to eat but I don’t want to adversely affect the deer hunting, either. The bonus is the farmer says it’s worth a 6-pack per pig to him to be rid of them.

How about it, wise ones of OSA?
I have pigs off and on. My experience is you shot a couple and they leave for a while. It's a constant game of "what will show up this time?" but I'm ok with that. (I eat pigs, deer, whatever)

This year it seems like the deer and pigs are coexisting with each other, that's not always the case.

The answer as always is - violence. Shoot 'em and see where it goes from there. If you want any tips on processing or cooking them, just ask. We eat a bunch of free range pork at my house.

Latest posts

Top Bottom