Fermentation ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nope ... not beer or wine (although I'm gonna get to that :naughty:) ... I just ordered me a scoby from Amazon (that Prime thing is NOT good for my checkbook! :D) ... Kombucha (a fermented tea drink that originated in China) is pretty pricey at the "whole/organic" food store of your choice ... No reason not to make it yourself if it's your cup of tea :wink2: ...

BTW, I haven't completely lost my rocks. I'm looking for a slightly carbonated drink to take my meds with. For some reason, the carbonation keeps my Rxs from upsetting my stomach but now that I'm off caffeine (and whatever else they put in Diet Coke to make it addictive) I'd just as soon not drink it ... ever ... Besides, what if zombies attack the Diet Coke factory?? I'm gonna need a replacement ...

Whatever health benefits (and there are several purported "good things" that come from drinking kombucha on a regular basis) would just be a happy side effect ...

GC is, quite frankly, mortified that I kiss him with this mouth! :rollingla (And NO ... I'm NOT ever going back to WhatABurger! :D)

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
BTW, here's a link if you guys want to read some more about it ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kombucha

After I get this "up and running" I'd also like to try my hand at growing some kefir, and making some other foods that use fermentation as a preservation technique (sourkraut is the most common food folks associate with fermentation outside of beer and wine) ...

I'll see if I can post some pics when my scoby gets here ...

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
tonic water! Throw in some gin!

I tried that (without the gin)!! Bleech ... :D I've thought about ginger ale too ... Might have to try my hand at some ginger beer ... :naughty: There are plenty of naturally fizzy drinks you can "make", it's just kombucha is the easiest so I thought I'd start with that ...

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Get some ginger ale out at Pops on the way to OKCGC. They have a bunch of different kinds and one of them had the ginger really popping! It was almost hot. Kinda pricey but really really good.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I tried that (without the gin)!! Bleech ... :D I've thought about ginger ale too ... Might have to try my hand at some ginger beer ... :naughty: There are plenty of naturally fizzy drinks you can "make", it's just kombucha is the easiest so I thought I'd start with that ...

I have a friend who makes beer. However he is not a red head. Where are you going to get ginger beer?

Latest posts

Top Bottom