Fermentation ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
been thinking about trying my hand at kombucha. my great granddad always had a jar fermenting in the dining room.

I still don't have it yet ... soon as it gets here I'll get it going and let you know how it goes. If you like, when I have another scoby I'll mail you one. Seems the mothers are pretty prolific if you are doing it right ...

Hey dustin!! Seriously ... I need to try some of that!! :D

:( And it would turn off cold when I'm trying to get my sourdough starter started ... blah ... think I am gonna take the trays out of my dehydrator and put my jar in there. Surely that will keep it warm enough to get it going ... because it's just sitting here looking at me like "What?? You want me to bubble, bubble, toil and trouble in this cold house?? Ha! Yeah, right ..." :(

Danggit!! :nolike:

subprep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
im attempting to make my own vinegar with apple peels and cores.... Im not sure that its going well... two jars have molded so they are out, the other one is looking diabolical but I think thats the way its supposed to look :anyone:

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
im attempting to make my own vinegar with apple peels and cores.... Im not sure that its going well... two jars have molded so they are out, the other one is looking diabolical but I think thats the way its supposed to look :anyone:

I think as long as it's not molded that it can look as diabolical as it wants ... :D But ... I'm not really sure ... The only fermenting I've done so far has been sourdough ... And some sourkraut that didn't go so well ... :(

If my scoby ever gets here, I'll get it started and then give kefir a whirl ... I've been doing a lot of reading about probiotics and think that this is the best way to get them ... Certainly cheaper than buying the pills at $30 for a 30 day supply ... :lookaroun

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
:woot: My scoby is here!! Now ... if I can get it "up and growing" :naughty: I'll have some baby mothers to give away shortly ... I'll keep you posted ...

Right now, I have to go sterilize my jar and make some tea to put her in! Later!! :D

ETA: How's that vinegar going, subprep?? :anyone:

Latest posts

Top Bottom