Fermentation ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My mom made some incredible stuff that fermented on the kitchen counter to put on ice cream. Awesome topping when you were a kid. I can't remember what was in the mix, but one could share it with another person for a starter like sour dough bread.

subprep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
:woot: My scoby is here!! Now ... if I can get it "up and growing" :naughty: I'll have some baby mothers to give away shortly ... I'll keep you posted ...

Right now, I have to go sterilize my jar and make some tea to put her in! Later!! :D

ETA: How's that vinegar going, subprep?? :anyone:

so far so good I think? it hasn't gotten any mold on it and it looks like... something I wouldn't want to drink yet LOL

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK, subprep ... I hope your vinegar fared better than my scoby ... Burial (to the compost pile) in the morning ... I got some kind of nasty-arse black mold growing in it ... :( I think I will try again in the summer when temps in the house don't fluctuate so wildly ... Now ... on to the sourdough (I can keep that mother happy in the fridge as long as I don't forget to feed it ... :lookaroun )

Latest posts

Top Bottom