Fermentation ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

subprep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK, subprep ... I hope your vinegar fared better than my scoby ... Burial (to the compost pile) in the morning ... I got some kind of nasty-arse black mold growing in it ... :( I think I will try again in the summer when temps in the house don't fluctuate so wildly ... Now ... on to the sourdough (I can keep that mother happy in the fridge as long as I don't forget to feed it ... :lookaroun )

Yeah i'm not sure what is going on with my vinegar either its got a weird reddish pink film on top... possibly red tide. LOL I prob should not attempt to drink it... I should really search for a time lapse video or something of here is what it looks like on day 1,2 3, and so on...

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I'm not gonna give up ... I've been doing some reading and apparently kefir has like 10 times the probiotics that yogurt has. Maybe I should start with kefir instead of kombucha ... :scratch: Thank God for YouTube ... :woot: I'll keep you posted!! :D

amcardon

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not to resurrect a dead thread, but curious BB what you ended up doing? I used to brew kombucha while in school in OR, and am about to start again (scoby is about 5 days into the 2-3 week process). I've thought about doing water kefir as well. Was curious and searched "kombucha" on here and found this thread. I'm a big fan and could easily down half gallon a day of the stuff...

Latest posts

Top Bottom