Finally got Covid...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like the current strains are similar in severity to the omicron strain. Doesnt seem to be lethal like the original or delta strains were. So, lots of docs are saying to just treat it like the flu. Symptom management, call doc for clinical decline, & quarantine. Best advice is to contact your doc for specific treatment plan/questions.

Last edited:

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It only took what...4 years it's been around now? Fever, light-headed, aches and pains like a flu, f'd up taste buds. Just, all around feeling like ****. I made it through 6 hrs at work today before I had to call it quits. 112 in the shop plus a fever...that sucked.
I didn't take a test until this evening. Hope I haven't passed it along to anyone else at work.

And of course, I've already used all my vacation time this year...

So, since the original grand opening of the "pandemic", I've basically ignored this junk. Aside from keeping myself quarantined for the rest of the week, is there any solid advice from those who've had it? Fever/aches started on Saturday, and I haven't taken anything for any symptoms yet. Just hydrating like crazy. (That's what I thought this was, just a mild case of dehydration.

Just rest, hydrate and get well! Sorry you caught it bud.

wolfkpr

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I always read “ ive got covid”, as “ probably”- because the tests for it are not reliable, easily manipulated, and present a lot of false positives..

RockHopper

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you to all who wished me getting better. It's day 4 since symptoms started, and I'm feeling considerably better. I think yesterday was my turning point. The fever seems to have broken, and I still haven't taken anything. Perhaps working in the heat yesterday did something? I've heard that just sweating through a fever can burn off bugs...

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Weird virus.

Had a friend die from the crap.

I've had it twice and never would have knew it. If I hadn’t been working where mandatory testing was happening I probably never would have known. Also I had the shots so wondering about their effectiveness.

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Weird virus.

Had a friend die from the crap.

I've had it twice and never would have knew it. If I hadn’t been working where mandatory testing was happening I probably never would have known. Also I had the shots so wondering about their effectiveness.
New variants are mild so not even an issue anymore

Latest posts

Top Bottom