Finally got Covid...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RockHopper

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wife and I have both had Covid three different times in three different years. First year we got the Monoclonal Antibody Infusion and was good to go in about 24 hours. Second year, we were prescribed the Plaxovid. In the wife's case, she still helped our son paint the inside of his garage while I was sickly for the 5 days of the medicine. This last time, we went with the Ivermectin, and I was good to go in one day. Wife's also improved, but she also had some other issue to deal with, so it took her a bit longer than a day.

A friend helped us with the liquid Ivermectin and even have us some of the liquid. We brought it with us on our Summer job here in Oregon, but so far have not needed a dose.
Summer job in Oregon....lemme guess,

Caretakers for a fish hatchery?

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I should've looked for some Ivermectin today, but I didn't get confirmed to have covid until 4 or so. Thought I just had a sinus infection. Fever did get high on Sunday evening (first symptoms were midday Sunday), but not an issue since then. Mainly just cough, sore throat, drainage last two days

Jgibs0321

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It only took what...4 years it's been around now? Fever, light-headed, aches and pains like a flu, f'd up taste buds. Just, all around feeling like ****. I made it through 6 hrs at work today before I had to call it quits. 112 in the shop plus a fever...that sucked.
I didn't take a test until this evening. Hope I haven't passed it along to anyone else at work.

And of course, I've already used all my vacation time this year...

So, since the original grand opening of the "pandemic", I've basically ignored this junk. Aside from keeping myself quarantined for the rest of the week, is there any solid advice from those who've had it? Fever/aches started on Saturday, and I haven't taken anything for any symptoms yet. Just hydrating like crazy. (That's what I thought this was, just a mild case of dehydration.
Until you cant taste anything for months… its not the real covid.

1Mudman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had it twice and the 1st time was when it was in 2021 and it was rough kinda of. Fever, horrible aches and pains. Second time was much to it. Antibiotics and a round of Steroids. I didnt have bad symptoms but knew I should check myself and sure enough I was positive. Lossed my sense of smell and taste of cinnamon. I still dont have that back.

bas402

Bolt Shooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
94 mcg per pound of body weight. If your using the liquid, that can be calculated and converted to CCs. I "think" the liquid is a smaller concentration (50% smaller) of the active ingredient so you must double the resultant number of CCs.
I buy the paste and body weight is marked on the plunger, just dial it to your weight and squirt that dose out.
Thank you!

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Summer job in Oregon....lemme guess,

Caretakers for a fish hatchery?

Nope. For the last the last 6 Summers, we've worked for a company out of the Tulsa area doing road and pavement condition surveys in various states. This year, we've been working to do roads in Oregon, and we just finished up the initial database of roads on Saturday. We are now waiting to see if there are any roads or sections of roads that we need to do over because of either an equipment or operator error. We just finished the first initial set of redo's yesterday.

We are also waiting to see if the company gets the data needed from the National Park Service to do some of the roads in some of the national parks.

Nothing like a job where one gets paid for seeing new country.

ScottsLife

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
It only took what...4 years it's been around now? Fever, light-headed, aches and pains like a flu, f'd up taste buds. Just, all around feeling like ****. I made it through 6 hrs at work today before I had to call it quits. 112 in the shop plus a fever...that sucked.
I didn't take a test until this evening. Hope I haven't passed it along to anyone else at work.

And of course, I've already used all my vacation time this year...

So, since the original grand opening of the "pandemic", I've basically ignored this junk. Aside from keeping myself quarantined for the rest of the week, is there any solid advice from those who've had it? Fever/aches started on Saturday, and I haven't taken anything for any symptoms yet. Just hydrating like crazy. (That's what I thought this was, just a mild case of dehydration.
I've had it 3 or 4 times now. Each time the duration seems shorter and the impact is less. I stay hydrated and take zinc, vit C and ibuprofen.

Latest posts

Top Bottom