Fishing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My sweetheart caught supper.
But I had to clean & cook it.

20210404_173543_Burst01.jpg

Garrett

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A little urban fishing this morning in Haikey Creek Park Broken Arrow, Oklahoma...
I`ve passed by that park for years and I`ve been wanting to fish that little creek and I finally took the time to do it. It can be a challenge getting to the water but I managed to catch a few. Great fun and some good exercise for this old man...

103_0874 (2).JPG

103_0877 (2).JPG

103_0880 (2).JPG

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wife and I, my brother and his wife, went on a guided crappie trip at Eufaula yesterday.
We were in two boats and both guides were really good, I think we were in the presence of masters.

The one with wife and I was Joey Jonhson; he teaches Garmin seminars in Crappie University, does very well in tournaments too.
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=joey+johnson+crappie+fishing

The guide in my brother's boat was Brian Young, he and his brother placed first in the nationals of American Crappie Trail in 2019.
https://lakedarbonnelife.com/2020/06/09/act-championship-wrapup/

They were both using Garmin Live Scope; I'd seen a few videos about it, but we got a private lesson with it. It is awesome!
You can see individual fish and drop your line right in front of them and see them go for it.

These guys don't put a line in the water unless they see a fish they want. They can usually tell if it's crappie or not.

We weren't fishing for numbers but looking for bigger ones. We found some from 4-12 feet deep. Not schooled, just hanging out individuals.

We didn't keep count but I'd say we caught at least two dozen of the biggest crappie I'd ever seen, tho Joey said they weren't much over a pound and a half (huge for me).

They said the ones that hang around structure are generally smaller. We found some hanging close to stumps tho, and we could drop the bait right on 'em and entice them to bite.

We used the same plastic curly jig all day. Joey said he doesn't worry much about color.

Unfortunately we didn't get many good pics, but below is wife and my catch in the ice chest, it doesn't do them justice.

All in all a great day, and live scope is on my wish list but out of my price range right now.

EufaulaGuidedTrip.jpeg

Cowbaby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice Chuter. Just got back mesef. Caught 15, kept 11. Couple of slabs but no Barn Doors yet this year. Idjuts keep letting all the water out of the lake and not much wood left in the water and when it is its usually too shallow. Only one bass, one hybrid and one crappie a shade over 1.5 made it past the electrical tape on the rod handle @14"

1/4oz brass Mepps Squirrel Tail and a cheapy Wally World white chicken feather jig. Tried and True.

slabs.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom