For those interested in the Beretta 92fs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Can someone explain to me how this gun is different from a 1911? I know it is DA/SA, but what else?
Thanks.. I looked it up online, but can't really tell.

B

1911A1-.45acp, single stack 8 shot, sa, safety on frame, usually all steel.

92FS-9MM, double stack 15+1 shot, da/sa, frame is alloy slide&barrel steel, safety/decocker on slide.

eby42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd forgotten that I posted interest in this a long time ago and made it on the list, but I have quite a few other things going and I think I might sit the Beretta out (though I am going to try for a Ruger if I can get one).

Thanks for the chance though.

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK, I was waiting for confirmation on the condition, but Julie thinks these are unissued. She thinks they were bought for a contract, but did not recieve the contract, and they were not issued.

I was more interested in a used one, but am going to see the retail on them before I decide. I didn't want to get people's hopes up for a new one until I know for sure.

I will post details as soon I get them.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If they're NIB, they're probably gonna want more than I'm willing to pay. I'd prefer a beater on the cheap. I'll keep my name in the bowl for now just in case they blow them out cheap.
Ditto this. I'll see what the price is before I bail. I was expecting about the same as the GP's. Can't see it happening if they are new, but it would be waaaaaay cool!

blutch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1911A1-.45acp, single stack 8 shot, sa, safety on frame, usually all steel.

92FS-9MM, double stack 15+1 shot, da/sa, frame is alloy slide&barrel steel, safety/decocker on slide.

I see. So, the Compact 1911 I shot the other day was 9mm. Are the full size 1911's all .45?

Also, why is there a decocker on the Beretta but not on 1911s? Why is it necessary?

Thanks for answering the newb questions.

B

Latest posts

Top Bottom