Franken-Guns (AR15 Rifles)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Has anyone else seen the price that is being asked for "Franken-ARs" lately? Not only on this website but on others as well. I am curious about what the owners are trying to cash in on. The possibility that Oba-Muslim will be re-elected or what? I don't know.... Maybe it's just me. Thoughts anyone? :yikes2::respect:

Progun223

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree that the prices are too high, but as far as quality, I've built many and if the parts are quality and they are built correct I think they are good as factory.

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I pretty much only own Franken-Guns. I don't use the really expensive parts but they shoot just fine for me and my use of them. I guess you can run up a pretty good bill if you use billet this and blah blah that. I was talking about guns that are built using a Palmetto lower, DPMS parts kit, Basic 6 position collapsible, and a Del-Ton upper. I have seen people asking as much as $800.00 for one. Shees!!!!

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OSA folks are more in tune with values than the typical Armslist or gunshow patron so we are more critical of overpriced weapons and components. To an uneducated consumer that $800 AR may not seem like a bad deal.

gsarg

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Frankenguns can't be painted with a broad stroke. $800 for a frankengun made with a BCM lower, and a LWRC upper, would be a great deal. In fact, I would prefer that setup to a complete Colt, RRA, etc. YMMV

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe it's time we need government intervention and regulation to put a stop to these absurd prices. Good grief!! Just because you built it, you paid for the parts and you own it doesn't mean you can charge whatever price you want for it. That just isn't right. We need a new federal government agency "The Department of Private Firearms Values" to set the price on what people can charge.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rumor has it ... people are buying up primers already. Did any one learn anything last election cycle?

Yea... hoard and cash in. Sad.

Back on track... a franken-ar runs about $400-600 in parts right? I'd be trying to double my money too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom