Freemasons

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

808racer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife's grandfather was a 32nd or 33rd, as well as a big-wig in Knights Templar in Oklahoma (as was his father). After he passed, some men from KT paid a visit to his widow and asked for all of his KT-related stuff to be returned to them - as if they owned it, not her. Anyone ever heard of anything like that?

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Code:
My wife's grandfather was a 32nd or 33rd, as well as a big-wig in Knights Templar in Oklahoma (as was his father). After he passed, some men from KT paid a visit to his widow and asked for all of his KT-related stuff to be returned to them - as if they owned it, not her. Anyone ever heard of anything like that?

Never heard of anything like this at all. I have all my grandfather's stuff and have even worn his apron to lodge.

To the OP, there is a lot of misinformation on the Masonic Lodge (all parts of it: York Rite, Scottish Rite, Shrine and Blue Lodge). A lot if it has been put out by disgruntled members. Even more of it has been put out by religious organizations, particularly Charismatic non-denominational types. It's about control. These churches want to control their members and do not want them to be involved in something that takes time and money that could be going to that church. They make up lies about Masonry, much like the Catholic Church did during the Renaissance and the Nazi Party did during the 20s and 30s.

The Bible has a scripture that says something to the effect of "by their fruits, ye shall know them." all you have to do is look at the fruits of the Masonic order to know the good they do. Most Masons are Christians (all believe in a Supreme Creator, if you don't, you cannot join) and try to do good work for their communities. Look at the St. Jude Hospital and the tens if thousands of children they have helped, at NO cost!!! Look at the speech pathology clinics and the eye glass screening programs. Millions of under privileged kids helped by nameless, faceless men, who are helping out because of their love for God and their love for their fellow man. No thought at all for ego or self-glorification.

Then take a look at the pastor of a mega church. Who is more Christ-like?

RyanSixer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I definitely understand that, JB. Thank you for making it clear. The only thing I wonder about is why so many people make accusations of the Masons being involved in terrible events throughout history. Just like the Catholic Church was once corrupt, is there any period of history when the Freemasons were a negative, conspiring organization?

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Masons don't advertise, right?

1.bp.blogspot.com__q1Gl7Q3BxrU_SfdmxdnO18I_AAAAAAAAAZU_0IvtJsZ57V4_s400_mason_billboard.bmp_.jpg

I've seen some shops in my day....

Shriner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
808acer your wife's grandfather may of asked that someone from the Knights come by after his passing to pick up his knights regalia so that it could be put to use by someone else and end up on ebay or in a fee market after his wife passed and you did know what to do with the regalia, and he forrgot to tell her about it. Not all of us can buy the regalia when we are starting out ,like JB .

Latest posts

Top Bottom