Get ready for Sunday&Monday.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Stopped off at Walmart on my way back out if Edmond this morning. The one at I-35 and 15th.

At 11am the parking lot was full. They still had bread on the shelf, I saw it as I walked by to get some pinto beans.

Gonna have a pot o' ham 'n beans tomorrow. Mmmmm.

Alrighty there @Dumpstick, now you have gone and done it. Your post above has set off my Beans and Cornbread "Low" alert; in other words you made me have a cravin'. So I am also gonna be having Beans and Cornbread tomorrow. Except this time, I'm gonna use goodly-sized slices of skillet-browned Braums Hot Links in place of the ham. Why? 'cause Braums makes the best Hot Links. And browning those slices in a cast iron skillet before adding to the beans releases all that Hot Link goodness into the beans. Will enjoy with some fine Louisiana Hot Sauce and mayhaps a cold beer. Or two.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Alrighty there @Dumpstick, now you have gone and done it. Your post above has set off my Beans and Cornbread "Low" alert; in other words you made me have a cravin'. So I am also gonna be having Beans and Cornbread tomorrow. Except this time, I'm gonna use goodly-sized slices of skillet-browned Braums Hot Links in place of the ham. Why? 'cause Braums makes the best Hot Links. And browning those slices in a cast iron skillet before adding to the beans releases all that Hot Link goodness into the beans. Will enjoy with some fine Louisiana Hot Sauce and mayhaps a cold beer. Or two.

oooo I have buttermilk and a fresh jalapeno in the fridge.

Pot o beans it is!

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All this talk of beans n cornbread...dang, I think I have the remnants of a smoked ham to toss in the beans. I to am doing this tomorrow. Or maybe I'll do it today in the insta pot pressure cooker. Beans ready in 40 min. and cornbread in a cast iron skillet takes 45 min. Perfect.
Joel, let me know how you like the hot link over ham. I'd try that myself but I need to get some ham outa the freezer that I been saving for this first.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Interesting, it will be colder here than in Minot ND on Monday

upload_2021-2-11_13-0-59.png

Latest posts

Top Bottom