Get ready for Sunday&Monday.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hate this freakin' weather. Really the first bad winter we've had since 2011, but that's still too much. I'm gonna fire up the smoker tomorrow, fry some fish, drink lemonade and dream of newscasts reporting weaklings dying of heat stroke.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The ATT guy that was here today wore these.

5a61adb5-dbe5-4d3f-ae33-eb096fecb151.171d3319021ab9215df5b46d4733d0e1.jpeg
I needed to go to the office yesterday, so I pulled the YakTrax over the soles of my boots and trudged out to the truck. When I saw that the parking lot was one big sheet of ice, I had a moment of pause, but the YakTrax did their thing, and I didn't have a bit of slippage getting to the truck or while scraping the ice off the windows.

When I got out of my parking space and onto the ice, my truck wasn't having such good luck. I gave her a bit of gas to check the traction, which led to wheel spin, followed by stepping on the brake, which led to ABS pulsing back through the brake pedal, so I decided that reversing back into my parking space was a much better idea than going forward.

...and the YakTrax didn't have any trouble carrying me back inside, either. Not even a tiny bit of slippage.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
lets talk about what if.
My home is on a well, 3/10 mile from the home.
We aren't there currently, but will be there shortly.
Is it better to leave a trickle on with a septic system or shut the well off and bleed off the pressure so if it freezes there is no ambient water pressure?
I let the water drip. The water closet (where the pressure tank is, and where the water enters the house) for my house is an external closet with no heat and an exterior-grade door that has an R factor of about 0. Genius! I keep a thermostatically-controlled drop light in there, as the heat from a 100-watt bulb is usually enough to keep it from freezing, but I figure the extra wear on the well pump is worth not busting pipes. The dripping probably isn't going to add up to enough to make a difference to matter to the septic system itself--flushing the toilet once almost certainly runs more water through it than does a constant slow drip overnight. If it doesn't, you need to cut back on your drip...

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
KOTV weather chick says chance of light accumulation this weekend. I am going with her forcast.
The dude on channel 6 this morning was saying the storm that's causing the snow concern is still over the Pacific, so it's still too far out to make good predictions (which is why the forecasts keep changing so much). He said once it makes landfall the predictions should start getting more accurate.

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
These “weathermen “ that pump out super hype on snow are a JOKE! Sort of like ocean front property in Oologah! They do the public a disservice and fact should be held accountable by the public. Sure we can do that by switching channels but these jerks out of OKC create unwanted hype here in the Tulsa market. Some one needs to hold their feet to the fire after this has past

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
February 1971 was working in Woodward as jr high coach/ teacher when a blizzard hit there. Being from NE Oklahoma I had never seen 26 inches of snow in 24 hrs!!! Shut Woodward down for over a week. Only in and out was by Duce and 1/2 s via the national guard. Food stores lost their supplies of milk, meat, bread etcWe had to make our own baby food with a borrowed blender and canned vegetables. 10 foot drifts in the apartment parking lot so no one could get out. Story goes on and on but last thing I remember vividly was snow still piled up in parking lots in April!

Latest posts

Top Bottom