Get your Flu/TDAP Shots people!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kyle78

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's not too late to get your vaccinations for this season, and Oklahoma is having a high outbreak of it.
Apparently people think the vaccinations don't work or some bull hockey.

CharlieMurphy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How do they create an effective vaccination for a virus that is constantly changing? By they time a vaccine has been synthesized and distributed hasn't the virus already mutated? Otherwise people who have been vaccinated would not get the flu.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They do work, EVERY time I have taken a flu shot, I have gotten the flu. When I do not it, is hit or miss with most being a miss.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I did not say that the shot gives me the flu, I said I get it every time I take the shot. I do not know why but I do, so I stopped taking the shot. End of story.

Kyle78

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I did not say that the shot gives me the flu, I said I get it every time I take the shot. I do not know why but I do, so I stopped taking the shot. End of story.

Might want to recheck your logic. Are you having a reaction TO the shot for a few days after?

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I get the full blown flu anywhere from a few days to a month after and it happened every year that I took that stupid shot. I can deal with the rare case of the flu just fine. Every year is just dumb.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
How do they create an effective vaccination for a virus that is constantly changing? By they time a vaccine has been synthesized and distributed hasn't the virus already mutated? Otherwise people who have been vaccinated would not get the flu.

Exactly!. I'm not a flu expert in any way, shape or form. But I know that the shot you get this year is last years strain of influenza. It can not help you this year, except to protect against last years bug. IMO, hand washing is more effective than flu vaccines.

Latest posts

Top Bottom