Get your Flu/TDAP Shots people!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Exactly!. I'm not a flu expert in any way, shape or form. But I know that the shot you get this year is last years strain of influenza. It can not help you this year, except to protect against last years bug. IMO, hand washing is more effective than flu vaccines.

I know a lot of medical professionals that agree with this.

One thing that everybody agrees on: The flu shot gives you autism, which you'd rather not have.

You had the flu shot a lot haven't you?

Last edited:

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How do they create an effective vaccination for a virus that is constantly changing? By they time a vaccine has been synthesized and distributed hasn't the virus already mutated? Otherwise people who have been vaccinated would not get the flu.

I did recently read through one of the FDA PDFs for one of the vaccines that contained methodology for testing and approval. I don't recall which one it was (it was a few weeks ago, and my search history isn't helping), but I do remember it only showing a rate of 16% fewer people getting that particular strain than the placebo group.

To me, it's not worth it to get the flu vaccine. It seems that with most vaccines (including non-flu), I spend the next couple of days feeling rather lethargic and running a 103+ fever. The last few times that I did get a flu shot specifically, I got the flu ~2-3 weeks later, followed by pneumonia.

CharlieMurphy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Never had a flu shot or the flu. Vaccines are useless risks at this point in my mind. They were instrumental in eliminating diseases like polio but now its only use is cash flow for big pharma. They had a mumps outbreak in they northeast were something like 80 to 90% had been vaccinated. A lot of the risks out weigh the benefits even if they were effective.

MDT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1) A killed virus injected in your body will not, has not, never will give you the flu. Period.
2) The shot is developed against THIS YEAR'S STRIAN.....Not last year's.
3) There will always be a certain percentage of people who do not convert to immune status. You will be at risk for flu.
4) Don't want the shot? Fine, don't get it. Just "don't get it" because of idiotic myths.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1) A killed virus injected in your body will not, has not, never will give you the flu. Period.
2) The shot is developed against THIS YEAR'S STRIAN.....Not last year's.
3) There will always be a certain percentage of people who do not convert to immune status. You will be at risk for flu.
4) Don't want the shot? Fine, don't get it. Just "don't get it" because of idiotic myths.

Correction, the shot is developed for what they guess this years strain will be.

BikerHT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't get flu shots either...never have. From this website - http://vaccines.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=005206 - I got the info below. There is a table on the page that shows vaccines along with ingredients used to make the vaccine, as well as ingredients in the final product. I copied and pasted the info below, but it lumped all ingredients together for each vaccine. You'll have to go to their page to see which ones are used for making the vaccine and which ones are in the final product.

(FWIW: I mentioned in a different thread recently that I don't use OTC medications either. My wife and I, and many family members and friends, use Young Living Essential Oils instead. They are amazing.)

Influenza Virus Vaccine
Afluria

CSL Limited
Apr. 2013
beta-propiolactone, sodium taurodeoxycholate, allatonic fluid of embryonated chicken eggs, sucrose density agent, phosphate buffered isotonic solution thimerosol (multi-dose vials only), monobasic sodium phosphate, dibasic sodium phosphate, monobasic potassium phosphate, potassium chloride, calcium chloride, sodium taurodeoxycholate, neomycin sulfate, polymyxin B, ovalbumin, mercury, sodium, chloride, beta-propiolacton

Influenza Virus Vaccine
Agriflu

Novartis Vaccines and Diagnostics, Inc.
Feb. 21, 2013
kanamycin, neomycin sulfate, cetyltrimethylammonium bromide, allatonic cavity of embryonated hens' eggs formaldehyde, egg protein, polysorbate 80, CTAB, neomycin, kanmycin

Influenza Virus Vaccine
Fluarix Quadrivalent

GlaxoSmithKline Biologicals
May 2013
embryonated chicken eggs, sodium phosphate-buffered isotonic sodium chloride solution, sodium deoxycholate, formaldehyde, octoxynol-10 (Triton X-100), a-tocopheryl hydrogen succinate, polysorbate 80 (Tween 80), hydrocortisone, gentamicin sulfate, ovalbumin, hydrocortisone, formaldehyde, sodium deoxycholate

Influenza Vaccine
Flublok

Protein Sciences Corporation
Oct. 2013
HA insect cell (fall armyworm, Spodoptera frugiperda) proteins, lipids, vitamins, amino acids, mineral salts sodium chloride, monobasic sodium phosphate, dibasic sodium phosphate, polysorbate 20 (Tween 20), host cell proteins, baculovirus, Triton X-100

Influenza Virus Vaccine
Flucelvax

Novartis Vaccines and Diagnostics Limited
Feb. 2013
Madin Darby Canine Kidney (MDCK) cells, B-propiolactone, cetyltrimethylammonium bromide residual MDCK cell protein, other cell proteins, MDCK cell DNA, polysorbate 80, cetyltrimethylammonium bromide, B-propiolactone

Influenza Virus Vaccine
FluLaval

ID Biomedical Corporation of Quebec
2013-2014
allatonic cavity of embryonated hens' eggs, formaldehyde, sodium deocycholate phosphate-buffered saline solution, thimerosal, ovalbumin, formaldehyde, sodium deoxycholate

Influenza Vaccine Live, Intranasal
FluMist Quadrivalent

MedImmune, LLC
2012-2014
SPF (specific pathogen-free) eggs, stabilizing buffer monosodium glutamate, hydrolyzed porcine gelatin, arginine, sucrose, dibasic potassium phosphate, monobasic potassium phosphate, ovalbumin, gentamicin sulfate, ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid (EDTA)

Influenza Virus Vaccine
Fluvirin

Novartis Vaccines and Diagnostics Limited
Feb. 26, 2013
allatonic cavity of embryonated hens' eggs, neomycin, polymyxin, betapropiolactone, nonylphenol ethoxylate, phosphate-buffered saline, thimerosal, egg proteins, polymyxin, neomycin, betapropiolactone, nonylphenol ethoxylate

Influenza Virus Vaccine
Fluzone: Standard, High Dose, & Intradermal

Sanofi Pasteur, Inc.
June 2013
embryonated chicken eggs, Octylphenol Ethoxylate (Triton X-100), sodium phosphate-buffered isotonic sodium chloride solution, formaldehyde formaldehyde, octylphenol ethoxylate (Triton X-100), sodium phosphate-buffered isotonic sodium chloride solution, gelatin (standard formulation only), thimerosal (standard dosage multi-dose vial only)

Latest posts

Top Bottom