Get your Flu/TDAP Shots people!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I got my shot, and even got the high-strength dose for seniors. Seems old folks need a harder kick to their immune system to get a sufficiently high level of antibodies. May explain why some of you other old crusts didn't get much protection from the regular shot: your body does not respond like it did when you were young....so that's news?

MDT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Correction, the shot is developed for what they guess this years strain will be.

Based on current year epidemiology data. Sometimes they get it right, other times they don't. Again, make your choices based on actual, legit studies and weigh the risks appropriately. Not on nut job internet garbage.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Get your Gardasil shot while you're in there - you might die from cervical cancer if the flu doesn't get you.

I see more paranoia in those that get the shot, than the "nutjobs" that refuse it.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Correction, the shot is developed for what they guess this years strain will be.

Yep. And clinical trials are conducted two years before the release date.

It does open itself up for conspiracy theories when you see claims of "developed against this year's strain" versus the FDA datasheets on the trials for effectiveness and safety having been a few years before, especially when some are approved with sub-20% effectiveness rates versus a placebo. It's easy to see why some people might think that government or big pharma intentionally spreads viruses to sell vaccinations.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's easy to see why some people might think that government or big pharma intentionally spreads viruses to sell vaccinations.

Particularly when members of the pharma industry routinely take high postitions in these government agencies, and vice versa.

* Not spreads viruses, but uses fear to sell vaccinations.

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last year I decided to get a flu shot and it was the first one I've ever had. Last year (a month after the shot) I go the flu, the worst I've ever had - I thought I was going to die. I'll take my chances without the shot this year.

Cowman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am a Paramedic in Lawton. In discussions with the Rn's at the ER's. Most people with the flu. So far this year have not had the shot. In certain circles, that is called a clue. If you don't wash your hands after taking a crap or pee. Anytime. Well that is just piss poor personal hygiene. You deserve to get sick.

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

This. There will be a jackass on the TV in another couple weeks saying "well there are multiple strains of the flu and there is no way we can vaccinate for every strain so we make an educated guess. It seems we guess wrong this season.". They haven't guess right in 20 years. They have a track record worse than Harold Camping.

Latest posts

Top Bottom