getting serious with .22's???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I enjoy having a .22 that simulates my main battle rifle (an M1A). I have a Ruger 10/22, to which I've added Tech Sights, sling studs, 1 1/4" swivels, and a GI web sling. I got the Volquartsen target hammer/auto bolt release when it was on sale from Midway, too, which really improved it.

The Tech Sights are aperture sights that use M-16A1 sight parts, and give the rifle pretty much the same sight picture as my M1A. Plus it gives you click-adjustable sights with a decent sight radius instead of the worthless notch sights the rifle comes with from the factory. Pretty neat. This also serves as a "Liberty Training Rifle" that I loan out on the Appleseed trail. It has made it's share of Riflemen on the 25 meter Army Qualification Test. I have another 10/22 that is set up just like it, but with a scope.

I'm thinking for my next LTR I'll go with a Marlin 795. They're only $100 after the factory rebate, and they already come with sling studs. They have a better trigger than the Ruger, too.

I am putting together an AR, and I think I'll get a dedicated .22 upper for it so I can practice cheaply on it, as well.

I also just acquired a CZ-452 bolt action, and let me tell you, that is one sweet rifle. The trigger is just perfect, and it is adjustable from the factory. It comes all set up with sling studs, so it was easy to mount a marksman's sling. Now that they make Tech Sights for the CZ, I think I'll make it a bolt-action LTR. Maybe even take it to some smallbore matches.

Hawgman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For pure accuracy you can't beat the TC Contender. If semi auto is your bag the S&W 41 is the king. The 41 will run you close to $1k. The Contender around $650. My scoped buckmark with a Tac Sol barrel is pretty darned accurate with high end ammo. But again the whole thing ran me a pretty penny too. When I've gone the route of truly accurate .22's I wind up spending as much as a centerfire equivilant.

Zombie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom