getting serious with .22's???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Go_Ordnance

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey man that's outstanding! I will check out the website. Thank you for the info. I get what your saying with the range distance. This is kinda the challenge for me though. don't get me wrong, I'm not looking for groups that I can cover with a nickel or a quarter, hell or a silver dollar for matter. Just a personal challenge for myself and a fun comparison of my improvements or losses. For grouping and such we usually do the 50 yard thing as well.

Thanks again for the info. and ammo input. BTW: NICE SHOT!

You wanna shoot smallbore silhouette then. Little steel targets of chickens, sheep, etc... at various distances. Challenging as hell.

CBCollier

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
My personal experience goes like this. I have a CZ 452 American, and my father has a Kimber (forget which model) with the heavy barrel. Both rifles are scoped. Now, for some reason, I am a better shot with the CZ, than with his Kimber, but that is probably being used to my rifle. Everything that has been mentioned about the CZ is dead on! Right out of the box without modification they are great shooting rifles. I even bought my son a youth model CZ for his first .22 and I am making him shoot with iron sights to start. Even with the shorter barrel and stock, it would shoot circles around my Browning semi auto I used to have when I was a kid.

I have played with some target ammo (Remington, wolf, and a couple of others) and let me tell you, a big difference can be made. They are alot of fun to play with different ammo and much cheaper than anything else.

BluRaySS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You wanna shoot smallbore silhouette then. Little steel targets of chickens, sheep, etc... at various distances. Challenging as hell.

You know I thought about this. If I can get into it at a decent price and practice myself into a competitive condition, I may have to look into the comps. Seems like that would be a hell of a lot of fun and won't break the bank(wishful thinking).

Do you have any experience in this?

Go_Ordnance

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You know I thought about this. If I can get into it at a decent price and practice myself into a competitive condition, I may have to look into the comps. Seems like that would be a hell of a lot of fun and won't break the bank(wishful thinking).

Do you have any experience in this?

Couldn't ever find a place close that held events. To me it's just organized plinking, which I can do with coke cans.

I like the uber-accuracy aspect of USBR or those sniper targets. Only go through 50-150 rounds per trip to the range that way, and it focuses on fundamentals (especially squeeze).

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Couldn't ever find a place close that held events. To me it's just organized plinking, which I can do with coke cans.

I like the uber-accuracy aspect of USBR or those sniper targets. Only go through 50-150 rounds per trip to the range that way, and it focuses on fundamentals (especially squeeze).

Doesn't Red Castle have an match?

Zombie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think everyone missed the $ for $ part. They will never catch up. Anyway I made the original comment as a point of comparison, not conversation. I was saying that if you want to be the most accurate then start with the greatest asset for your goals. A 4 cyl. not being the most conducive to making HP I was not wrong.

I dig the occasional rotary though!!! Too damn cool!
Sooooo anyway.

$ for $ hondas are cheap - bang for the buck they are already light and typically have great gear ratio/FD.

Then again people don't get me wrong I have a 4th gen camaro, vortec 350 suburban, and 68 f100 in the driveway, and have had a lot of cars and turned wrenches on many more than I have owned.

In the end what good is 1k hp if you don't get traction or the track won't hold you?

Latest posts

Top Bottom