Gun cleaning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sedona

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought a browning buckmark about a month ago. I have put a little over 2000 rounds through it so far.Every 4 or 500 rounds I run a bore snake through it and clean off the breach face and oil it.Probably will tear it down at around the 5000 round mark.

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've a friend who shoots any gun until it starts malfunctioning, then has to spend at least an hour cleaning it. My response is "If you clean your gun after shooting, it takes 5 minutes and all that black fluffy stuff comes right off. Why do you wait until it turns to stone before cleaning it?"

toehanus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If it's therapy for you, may be the OP can declare himself a "therapist" and have you pay him for the therapy of you cleaning his guns?
So far, this is the best idea I've seen.

Part of my problem is that I am never satisfied with how clean I get my gun. I'd rather it just stay dirty than to do a half baked cleaning job on it. I'm twisted.

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
FYI the ultrasonic thing is more work than you would think. It's a waterbase solution that is like immersing your gun in water. Ok, it isn't LIKE immersing your gun, it IS immersing your gun in water, so you have to disassemble it all the way down to the little parts. OR, you could hire me to clean them, I'm only a few blocks away......IMHNTN can give you a reference on me.

120 Acres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Therapy for me too. Theres nothing like cracking open a cold one and breaking down a gun. I have a little card table I use out in the shop. I also load mags there too.

Its about the only alone time I get or need. The wife cant stand the smell. I love it.

FOJy8u9Zd5ov9kjvOj1TALpDXhbv6hnCNHJQqJdfetLiUhgTtTRyqJCx2eG-nwBaOm6L-mgtiRQ4sro5oi4Sy_RUz7wcY1UGfZkfsIA3NADdarLVLoH05TFEU5jw8Odyf2PpJMwQteneg0J2Tzt8JLQ0gNkgsp81i34TMdJnmrtYuVf2-289VM6_8U7-LwZcdGcdEIeSbakP4AGC5Kj2e09K_ZlOcibRaLtlOgVJKgaokKf8tD_Cl5q0nX_ZjcFKwPdcR0HYYofWxrD-s4tI8hwz-1cQC-sc8IzxDRCsWvk8xk-XwWtBN1277HXNSor-jObRNUKF2YEZFOQIsSBSTrLFN1PfV-RRPs4UcHzhc8i0zkmoGc1a0ZCbYPSNI3_Ice378AoaDtq7IGLOvS_R4XyHh3OG-P9ThT6lgzVdlCqP7I6L29rHpGhp-ibdv8Z16GsYDnIl_lUT1mMVEASRiE_jyOx-KLFn8EkLarwTqZM4r5tP3l0RECGAwQ3EaYu6miqfVlPUIajFw99hWTbWw5H_kiYE2sOxkGKwkcad70ENSn1ywmY4Px_YQSfXCoI8r7_bg9kAxdCMowl3HUTcrc80sDmSbL8=w1029-h771-no

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My grandfather taught me to clean the gun after every outing. I started out that way but over the last few years I clean about every 500 rounds; shotguns with more shot shells. At this point, I breakdown and perform a detailed cleaning. I do wipe down the guns after each use with oil. I have had no issues with this approach.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My relaxation therapy is reloading. I don't clean my guns as much as I used to. I got tired of doing it after every trip, which back in the day were usually one to two days apart. The guns I shoot the most now I use in matches and I do a quick clean and inspection one or two days before the match and I'm done.

Latest posts

Top Bottom