HB2021: Oklahoma Firearms Freedom Act

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

david04

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So.... Would this law make owning an Oklahoman made SBR, suppressor, full-auto, etc legal without having to go through the ATF and filling out a Form 4, etc? Might be a dumb question, but I would feel more dumb not asking it to find an answer.

Good question. I don't think that's the intention of the Oklahoma law, and I doubt most Oklahamans would support that. But if it passes, that aspect would have to be addressed.

david04

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd say it might have a good chance of passing in the current environment, and the guv might just sign it. What do you think will happen then? Can manufacturers set up some kind of final assembly operation which would produce "made in Oklahoma" guns, but without the expense of setting up an entire factory?

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd say it might have a good chance of passing in the current environment, and the guv might just sign it. What do you think will happen then? Can manufacturers set up some kind of final assembly operation which would produce "made in Oklahoma" guns, but without the expense of setting up an entire factory?

I mean, with AR's just about anybody can buy a lower and have it engraved with whatever they want. Since the lower is the gun, all the other parts wouldn't matter. All a guy/company (that is licensed I would assume) would have to do is get with a lower receiver manufacturer and have them build one with their logo on it, along with location and serial number. Right?

There are a lot of companies out there that have AR lowers, but I think most of them are made by only a handful of companies and are engraved with X companies info.

Latest posts

Top Bottom